Milton Keynes

BSc Natural Sciences 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
That's great thanks for your help Louise
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Hey all!! Is anyone doing s104 & s141 at the same time?? Have you received books for both modules ,??
Reply 102
Original post by Sunnyfunny2011
Hey all!! Is anyone doing s104 & s141 at the same time?? Have you received books for both modules ,??

Hey I am doing S104 and S141 at the same time too. So far I only have the materials for S104 and I am half way through book 2 already. S141 materials should be dispatched in the next week or 2.

Not looking forward to S141 tbh!
Reply 103
Original post by Yasmin25
Hey I am doing S104 and S141 at the same time too. So far I only have the materials for S104 and I am half way through book 2 already. S141 materials should be dispatched in the next week or 2.

Not looking forward to S141 tbh!

How are you finding S104 so far? I'm nearing the end of book 1. Is that what are are first TMA will cover? I'm also doing S141(no materials yet) & MST121.
Reply 104
Hiya I'm S104 fine so far. Book 2 is a lot more exciting than book 1 but still not really my cup of tea yet. I'm more into biology and chemistry and maybe planetary science once I get onto those chapters in book 2.

And yeah TMA is on book 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RHCPfan
How are you finding S104 so far? I'm nearing the end of book 1. Is that what are are first TMA will cover? I'm also doing S141(no materials yet) & MST121.

I've done S104 and S141.... S141 is not bad at all, you can easily study for an hour a week and get it all done!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Hiya I'm S104 fine so far. Book 2 is a lot more exciting than book 1 but still not really my cup of tea yet. I'm more into biology and chemistry and maybe planetary science once I get onto those chapters in book 2.

And yeah TMA is on book 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm finding book 1 is dragging on a bit now so looking forward to moving on, like you i'm more into biology,chemistry & space.

Original post by kjglen24
I've done S104 and S141.... S141 is not bad at all, you can easily study for an hour a week and get it all done!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good to hear S141 isn't to hard and thanks :smile: How did you find S104?

Edit - For those who have read book 1, are we meant to already have the program needed for chapter 8 for the global warming and cooling activity, if not is everyone coming back to that whole chapter at a later date?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by RHCPfan
I'm finding book 1 is dragging on a bit now so looking forward to moving on, like you i'm more into biology,chemistry & space.

That's good to hear S141 isn't to hard and thanks :smile: How did you find S104?

Edit - For those who have read book 1, are we meant to already have the program needed for chapter 8 for the global warming and cooling activity, if not is everyone coming back to that whole chapter at a later date?

I liked some parts of S104 ie chemistry and biology hated all the other parts....

In answer to your other question you will get the program once the website opens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
I liked some parts of S104 ie chemistry and biology hated all the other parts....

In answer to your other question you will get the program once the website opens

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply.

Got my materials for S141 today.
Reply 109
I got my materials today for S141 too. Can't say I am looking forward to this module :frown: however I do like the coaster that came with the pack lol
I got my materials today for S141 too. Can't say I am looking forward to this module :frown: however I do like the coaster that came with the pack lol

That coaster is important for an experiment. Keep it safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
That coaster is important for an experiment. Keep it safe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww and there was me thinking it was just a free gift from uni :tongue:
Is it a bad idea to jump into doing a level 3 course by itself? If i decide to do it next year im planning to do molecular and cellular biology (s377), but i have some bio background through having completed a psychology degree and i did a biological anthropology module in that. Ive also done some casual reading round the course.

Does anyone know if it requires a good knowledge of chemistry, however?
Reply 113
S104s website is now open :smile:

I just had a look at the first TMA and iCMA. I nearly took a panic attack lol
Hey guys! I'm also starting s141 and s104 this October, I cant believe I have just found this forum!
You lot are making me nervous, am I supposed to be half way through a book already? I started the first book, but then came to activity 2.1 about measuring precipitation, I thought I'd wait until I was connected with other people doing the same activity so that I could discuss it with other people on how they will be carrying it out.
Im sooo nervous, im 100% sitting down with the books all day today to catch up!
Anyone that has already started, did you do all the activities in the books too?
Reply 115
Original post by EveInWonderland
Hey guys! I'm also starting s141 and s104 this October, I cant believe I have just found this forum!
You lot are making me nervous, am I supposed to be half way through a book already? I started the first book, but then came to activity 2.1 about measuring precipitation, I thought I'd wait until I was connected with other people doing the same activity so that I could discuss it with other people on how they will be carrying it out.
Im sooo nervous, im 100% sitting down with the books all day today to catch up!
Anyone that has already started, did you do all the activities in the books too?

Yeah i've done the activities that didn't involve the course website and made a note of the ones I didn't do to go back to now the website is open.
Original post by susanalbumparty
Is it a bad idea to jump into doing a level 3 course by itself? If i decide to do it next year im planning to do molecular and cellular biology (s377), but i have some bio background through having completed a psychology degree and i did a biological anthropology module in that. Ive also done some casual reading round the course.

Does anyone know if it requires a good knowledge of chemistry, however?

Wrong place to out this Susan, however it does require immense chemistry for this course, do you have any level 2 chemistry under your belt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wrong place to out this Susan, however it does require immense chemistry for this course, do you have any level 2 chemistry under your belt

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done a level chemistry, would i need more?
Thanks!
Reply 118
S104s website is now open :smile:

I just had a look at the first TMA and iCMA. I nearly took a panic attack lol

Have you made a start on the first TMA for S104 yet? How are you finding the course in general so far (S141 aswell)?
Reply 119
Original post by RHCPfan
Have you made a start on the first TMA for S104 yet? How are you finding the course in general so far (S141 aswell)?

Hi no I haven't made a start to the first TMA. I had a look at it the day the site opened and I can't say I am looking forward to TMAs!

I am finding both modules ok so far. I prefer S104 to S141. Maths isn't my strong point and I think that'll be my biggest downfall in the course.

How are you finding them so far? How has your motivation to study been as well? Mine dips sometimes but as long as I get the work done in time, I'm happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest