Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My cousin is having a party today. Should I go? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

A few weeks back my cousin invited me to their party.

The party is today night and I'm not sure if I should go. Its basically a clubbing event with cousins and some close friends.

Thing is, I feel a bit guilty lying to my parents and I don't know if I should go as I may have to stay the night at a mates house or apartment.

The fact that my cousins haven't asked me if I'm coming today kind of makes me unsure, because a few weeks back they asked.

I have only got an hour or two to make up my mind as I can not go to work if I go to the party provided I tell them soon.

It's a difficult situation.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Are you old enough to go clubbing legally? If yes, then there should be no need to lie to your parents, and you should go as it sounds like spending time with your cousins and close friends would be fun.

If you are under 18, I would leave it. You might not get in, even if you have fake ID or whatever, and it's a bit dangerous to go out not having a definite place to go back to stay afterwards, plus if your parents find out, you may lose their trust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConfusedMedic)
    Are you old enough to go clubbing legally? If yes, then there should be no need to lie to your parents, and you should go as it sounds like spending time with your cousins and close friends would be fun.

If you are under 18, I would leave it. You might not get in, even if you have fake ID or whatever, and it's a bit dangerous to go out not having a definite place to go back to stay afterwards, plus if your parents find out, you may lose their trust.
    Yh I'm old enough. I'm 20 and I look a bit older LOL.

I kind of want to go, its just I'm not sure what I should say to my parents and also the fact that my cousins haven't contacted me yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    Yh I'm old enough. I'm 20 and I look a bit older LOL.

I kind of want to go, its just I'm not sure what I should say to my parents and also the fact that my cousins haven't contacted me yet.
    I think you should go in that case. I would just say "mum, dad, I'm planning on going out clubbing tonight with my cousins, and I'll be staying overnight with them/at my friend's house, I hope that's ok.". And as for your cousins, text them saying something like "Hey, are you guys still planning on going out together tonight?", and if they say yes, say you'd like to join them.

Easy

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a few weeks ago they got the impression you didn't;t want to go and then didn't;t want to keep asking. You have no reason to feel guilty or lie to your parents.

Contact your cousin and ask a random detail about the event, it will signal that you are interested and then you can get on it tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConfusedMedic)
    I think you should go in that case. I would just say "mum, dad, I'm planning on going out clubbing tonight with my cousins, and I'll be staying overnight with them/at my friend's house, I hope that's ok.". And as for your cousins, text them saying something like "Hey, are you guys still planning on going out together tonight?", and if they say yes, say you'd like to join them.

Easy
    Thanks.

I told my parents I'm going to a 'mates' party tonight. I go clubbing every once in a while so they sort of know.

I do feel a bit guilty about lying whos party it is but at least I told them the truth that it was clubbing.

Now, I just need to think of a way of getting back home. I can stay at a mates but I'm not too sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    Maybe a few weeks ago they got the impression you didn't;t want to go and then didn't;t want to keep asking. You have no reason to feel guilty or lie to your parents.

Contact your cousin and ask a random detail about the event, it will signal that you are interested and then you can get on it tonight.
    Yh I spoke to them.

Looks like tonight will be the night to party. I really need to go to one as its been a while and I'm sure I won't feel down much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.