Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I've just recently discovered about access courses and how it would be equivalent to A levels but only requires one year.I have been researching about it & it sounds like something i would be interested in.But before I make my mind up about it,i just want to know someone else's personal experience with access courses & if they would recommend it.I am currently 19 & i had dropped out of college due to personal reasons and therefore was not able to complete my A-levels.Now im more motivated & it seems like retaking my A-levels would be long & i really want to go to Uni as soon as possible.Im hoping to do law as ive always had interest in it & i have worked in Law firm for a whole year.Is it hard as some people say?How does it work exactly?

ReputationRep:
    I'm am actually 7 months into an access course and it is the most intense but rewarding thing I've done. I would definitely recommend it but speak to other students and the tutors :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I've got 9 weeks left of mine at Aberdeen College and due to start uni in september pending results. It is one of the best decisions i have made! It's hard and fast paced but worth it!

ReputationRep:
    I have 6 weeks left of my access course and at 33 was a big decision to give up my job and retrain. I've not been in education for over 17 years but found the access course very manageable and not to hard going. I've also started a new job ad have three kids to look after so if I can do it anyone can if they really want to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I completed an Access to Healthcare course last year and now in my first year of University... The access was hard going and it helps prepare you for whats to come when you get into University. I would do it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.