Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Smoking in the school toilets Watch

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever smoked in the school toilets while in high school sneaking so no one sees you and been caught, had a funny or terrible memmory?

ReputationRep:
    I've always despised those sorts of people. So no.

ReputationRep:
    At ours you couldn't do that as their were smoking alarms in the toilets that would beep loudly and say please put out your cigarette immediately and it would alert reception so staff straight away would rush to the toilets to catch you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    At ours you couldn't do that as their were smoking alarms in the toilets that would beep loudly and say please put out your cigarette immediately and it would alert reception so staff straight away would rush to the toilets to catch you.
    Sounds moderately Orwellian.

ReputationRep:
    I once smoked some paper while using a bunsen burner in science (true story).

ReputationRep:
    I've never smoked in my life, and me and my friend were sitting in the toilets in the Science block, because it was raining and we didn't want to be with all the idiots in the mail hall. Anyway, a Science teacher walked in, started sniffing and looking at us, and he saw I was holding something, so he came over right in my face and was like "Give. Me. The. ****"... Safe to say he was a bit shocked when he discovered it was a ****ing special K bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarethEvans)
    Sounds moderately Orwellian.
    I didn't actually smoke myself but have been in toilets during lesson time when there's been people who skived their lessons trying to smoke in there. Pretty annoying as sometimes the hand dryers would set them off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Ahahaha, your school must've sucked.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't smoke so No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    I once smoked some paper while using a bunsen burner in science (true story).
    Haha I've done that too. The same lesson I was blackening our yellow books using the smoke from a burning splint to give them the 'chemistry effect'. Was a very stupid thing to do and I was rightfully expelled from that class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Ahahaha, your school must've sucked.
    Yep we had a seclusion room where they played classical music all the time because it was meant to 'relax' pupils. I got put in there for a week for having my nose pierced haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uttamo)
    Haha I've done that too. The same lesson I was blackening our yellow books using the smoke from a burning splint to give them the 'chemistry effect'. Was a very stupid thing to do and I was rightfully expelled from that class.
    ROFL, I got kicked out of the class aswell haha. Someone thought it was an actual spliff the way it way rolled :cool:

ReputationRep:
    No, people were allowed to smoke outside the main entrance so there was no need for hiding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    ROFL, I got kicked out of the class aswell haha. Someone thought it was an actual spliff the way it way rolled :cool:
    Haha that must've been hilarious. Some people are so gullible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Yep we had a seclusion room where they played classical music all the time because it was meant to 'relax' pupils. I got put in there for a week for having my nose pierced haha
    Were there bright lights? Were you taken there by a man known only as O'Brien? Were there distant screams echoing from the rooms within?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.