Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things that piss you off Watch

ReputationRep:
    1. The toddler that is wailing on the street next to my house. Sounds like a donkey shrieking and gasping for air like it's dying. I've just looked outside and it's just standing there crying loudly. Mother is just standing around on the phone.
    2. People in my house making sounds, slamming plates on the counter, slamming cupboards, slamming the microwave shut, slamming baking trays onto the table, shouting to each other from different rooms. They don't seem to comprehend that this level of noise will disturb anyone who is trying to read something. SMH.
    3. Generally, old people who cough up phlegm. Loudly. In front of you. For like a minute and a half. Just go to another room to it, or at least cover your mouth ffs.
    4. Not being able to concentrate because of the above. I'd leave the house and go to a library but no one seems to know the definition of silent there either.
    5. This growing headache.

Just needed to vent.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing...

With the exception of No. 5 (I don't get headaches so much at the moment) I really hate a lot of the same things...

1. I hate the sound of crying children, and I particularly hate parents who are nearby who do absolutely nothing about their crying children. Either they are being indifferent to them, they laugh at them, or they exacerbate their children's cries by heckling/mocking them.
    2. I hate this so much. Used to live with someone who slammed every single thing she could, no matter what mood she was in. As a result, a lot of crockery/tumblers were smashed, and some cupboards and doors actually showed visible signs of damage from being repeatedly slammed. Yet in spite of all this, still continued to slam things unapologetically.
    3. Generally, old people annoy me. Not all of them obviously, but quite a fair few annoy me. I can forgive them for being ill, or just for the sheer fact of being old. But when they do the most uncourteous of things, i.e. not saying thank you when you hold the door open for them; never saying 'excuse me' when trying to pass by but instead physically shove you out of their way (or at least try to); or verbally disparaging you whilst you're in earshot because they don't understand why a relatively young person would show up to a theatre show/chamber music recital except maybe because you have a genuine interest in such things, and that perhaps MAYBE such events are not just the preserve of 'old people'.
    4. Peace & quiet is so hard to come by these days.

I'll contribute my own no. 5...

5. I hate it when I know that I have an extensive list of pet hates, yet when it comes to contributing to a list of such things, I am unable to fathom any of them unless they are mentioned by somebody else. Oh wait, I know one actually... I hate the way that my brain sometimes works against me.

ReputationRep:
    My friends. I'm finding my friends really irritating right now.

Is that normal? I'm really finding it hard to tolerate them. Its like their flaws have suddenly been magnified to a point where I can't get past them.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    ~ People who eat/chew loudly, it really irritates me!
    ~ People who cough/sneeze on public transport and do not cover their mouth
    ~ People who cough/sneeze on public transport and then touch the pole/ bell button
    ~ When i go all the way to a shop and the thing i wanted to buy is sold out
    ~ People who swear for no reason in the middle of a converstaion
    ~ When i hold the door open for someone and then they don't smile or say thank you
    ~ When people just drop their litter on the floor when they are standing right near a bin
    ~ When people leave their chewing gum on seats of classrooms/public transport

ReputationRep:
    The worst crime that people get away with is failure to indicate off roundabouts.

ReputationRep:
    People who make out as though they're there for you, but are actually only after the gossip and will spread it as soon as you're out of earshot.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of things, here's a few:

• My noisy and disruptive neighbours.
    • Classmates who are really full of themselves and think they're it.
    • People who never say thanks when you hold the door open for them.
    • People who spit on the street.
    • People with no manners who barge/shove past you in the street/shops.
    • Two-faced manipulative liars.
    • People who try to get me to take out my hearing-aids to see how bad my hearing is. Also, when they expect me to know what they are saying when they deliberately mouth a sentence to me.
    • When people make me take off my glasses (I've had a couple yank them off me) to look through them for themselves and exclaim, "COR! Your eyesight is bad!"
    • When people decide to test my eyesight with my glasses off and stick their hands in my face and yell, "How many fingers am I holding up?"

ReputationRep:
    When I go to a shop to buy something and find they suddenly don't sell it. (I'm a Mint addict. I always carry 2 packets of smints with me and a packet of strong mints) the sainsburys near me stopped selling them suddenly, even though I would buy 10 packets every 3 days, so then I had to get a 20m bus to the nearest tescos, and now they have stopped selling them. I'm pulling my hair out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smudge_moon)
    When I go to a shop to buy something and find they suddenly don't sell it. (I'm a Mint addict. I always carry 2 packets of smints with me and a packet of strong mints) the sainsburys near me stopped selling them suddenly, even though I would buy 10 packets every 3 days, so then I had to get a 20m bus to the nearest tescos, and now they have stopped selling them. I'm pulling my hair out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you must go toilet alot.

ReputationRep:
    overly loud arrogant people

ReputationRep:
    Listening to the stupid kids try and read aloud at school.

For some reason the teacher always let them go on for pages and pages. It was so long and excruciating it was like time stopped and went backwards. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people jelq in public, like its a totally normal thing to do

ReputationRep:
    1) People who are really noisy only purpose when you are trying to study.

2) Homophobic remarks, ageist comments and racist remarks annoy me.

3) People who make nasty comments about different parts of the country, when they have never even been to such places ie. about liverpool, london, manchester etc.

4) Road rage.

5) Not being able to go to Uni of choice because can't afford to live there.

ReputationRep:
    Humans.

Nah, seriously, I get annoyed with people who get to bubblewrap before me and pop all the bubbles so I can't :P

ReputationRep:
    1)When a bus driver blatantly sees me running for the bus, and I am legit only 30 cm away from him, and he still decides to go.

2)Having to switch from biology revision to chemistry >.<.

3)When I buy a packet of crisps which clearly say BIG EAT, but are not even 50% full.

4)When there is no toilet paper in the toilet, and you're mid.

5)When you get asked to answer something in class.

ReputationRep:
    People taking photos with duck faces

Join the movement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    The worst crime that people get away with is failure to indicate off roundabouts.
    As a pedestrian, that can be a nightmare when crossing busy roads.

ReputationRep:
    1) Child proof containers, can't do them :mad:

2)The GoCompare advert, before they put Hawking on it, even more respect for him now

3)Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake and Ricky Gervais, who should be herded up and silenced with immediate effect

4)People who are too lazy to pick up their own dog's poop so people have to walk in zigzags like a veritable drunk just to get from A to B

5) People who don't wash their hands after the toilet :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What an angered fuelled tread though its better than bottling it up I suppose

ReputationRep:
    Children in aeroplanes.
    Tossers who can't eat with their mouths closed.
    People who interrupt.
    Thick people.
    Regional accents.
    Indian men.
    People who do not adhere to dress codes.
    Ostentation.
    Night clubs.
    Dance music.
    Indecisive drivers.
    Estuary English.
    Chav types.
    Japanese cars.
    Slow internet.
    People who can't use the word 'literally' properly.
    People who say 'generally' when they mean 'genuinely' but are too thick to distinguish between the two.

I could go on...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.