Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Things that piss you off Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supertoaster)
    People who can't/won't spell correctly, fair enough if you make a typing mistake, but dem who tlk lyk dis.
    It's rife on certain social networking sites.
    Makes me question why we pay so much tax when obviously compulsory education is failing to teach these people basic literacy skills.

ReputationRep:
    The crap wifi connection at uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supertoaster)
    People who can't/won't spell correctly, fair enough if you make a typing mistake, but dem who tlk lyk dis.
    Wut dis gyz sed.

( best retard sentence I can make) but yes this certainly 'rubs me the wrong way'

Edit : Also tards that use duplicate letters for 0 reason (largey with names). E.g Sophii

ReputationRep:
    The utter gutter trash that our society seems to spew out nowadays generally pisses me off but my top five hates are as follows:

1. Woman who get drunk on the train and who are plastered with makeup. who are the kidding?
    2. Muscle men who come out of the gym, dripping with sweat. I feel pity for them knowing they are wasting their lives.
    3. Stupid people who stop me in the street and try to get me to give to charity.
    4. Homeless people. They are more than likely either drunk or on drugs and are the reason I stay away from the city centre after 9 pm.
    5. Leftist scum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glory&Honour)
    The utter gutter trash that our society seems to spew out nowadays generally pisses me off but my top five hates are as follows:

1. Woman who get drunk on the train and who are plastered with makeup. who are the kidding?
    2. Muscle men who come out of the gym, dripping with sweat. I feel pity for them knowing they are wasting their lives.
    3. Stupid people who stop me in the street and try to get me to give to charity.
    4. Homeless people. They are more than likely either drunk or on drugs and are the reason I stay away from the city centre after 9 pm.
    5. Leftist scum.
    If you haven't already got a job, please apply for one as an equality and diversity advisor.

ReputationRep:
    People who stand at the back at gigs with their arms crossed looking "cool".

ReputationRep:
    People who buy Mien Kampf more then twice.

I deliberately give this one dude dodgey looks.

ReputationRep:
    People that moan about things they can control! Grr E.g. a fat person complaining about wanting to lose weight whist eating chocolate. Or someone who is heading towards a fail, complains that they want to do better, then actually never try...

That is my pet hate.

Stop the griping and change what you can. If that doesn't work, then they can be entitled to a moan!

ReputationRep:
    How expensive public transport is. It actually pains me to pay so much to get to school/work everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReuyJ)

I can't rep as I have ran out but

:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReuyJ)

*Mein
    *Than

Grammatical errors do annoy me, especially spelling mistakes of German words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_x)
    1. The toddler that is wailing on the street next to my house. Sounds like a donkey shrieking and gasping for air like it's dying. I've just looked outside and it's just standing there crying loudly. Mother is just standing around on the phone.
    2. People in my house making sounds, slamming plates on the counter, slamming cupboards, slamming the microwave shut, slamming baking trays onto the table, shouting to each other from different rooms. They don't seem to comprehend that this level of noise will disturb anyone who is trying to read something. SMH.
    3. Generally, old people who cough up phlegm. Loudly. In front of you. For like a minute and a half. Just go to another room to it, or at least cover your mouth ffs.
    4. Not being able to concentrate because of the above. I'd leave the house and go to a library but no one seems to know the definition of silent there either.
    5. This growing headache.

Just needed to vent.
    For me it is simply arrogance for no reason. Do not get me wrong, when I see someone who has a reason to be arrogant, i.e very intelligent or gifted in a sport, I do not agree with it, but can understand partly why they are arrogant. But, when someone is arrogant for no reason whatsoever, it really sends me round the bend!

Note: I am not advocating arrogance ever, but just saying that some peoples arrogance is more tolerable if there is something you can see to fuel it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    *Mein
    *Than

Grammatical errors do annoy me, especially spelling mistakes of German words.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    Isn't estuary english how most young people in the south and east of england speak?
    Yes. *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Two pavement related annoyances:

1) People who spread out and walk really slow not allowing anyone to walk past.
    2) People who are coming toward you on a narrow path and expect you to step off the path (usually onto mud) instead of going single file for a metre or so. (The amount of people who have barged into me because I've stayed on the path and then given me dirty looks is incredible.

1)Loud people, both vocally and those who slam doors etc (especially when people are in bed etc)
    2)People who eat with their mouth open
    3)Self photos on Facebook and pointless statuses (Facebook has made many girls into stuck up *****es by giving them huge ego boosts)
    4)Drivers who let every single driver out at a junction even when the road is clear ahead
    5)People who get pissed every weekend and/or smoke and are against other drug use (e.g cannabis)
    6)Groups of guys who try too hard to be 'laddish' and 'rugby' lads.
    7)When I can't lift as much in the gym as the week before.
    8)People (usually girls) who hold grudges for long periods of time and make a big deal out of nothing just to have an argument.

There's a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    The worst crime that people get away with is failure to indicate off roundabouts.
    You have no idea how many driving tests this has cost me, I nearly got run off the road a few times, and was also criticised for waiting too much

ReputationRep:
    1)- Children
    2)- Showing off
    3)- Arrogant people
    4)- People who don't want to understand anything
    5)- Exams
    5)- Revision

ReputationRep:
    People who Hashtag in everyday conversation.
    :doh:

ReputationRep:
    -Homophobic Comments: It's 2013 move on
    -People who are spoilt and still complain:
    There was a year 9 on my facebook who got an iPhone for Christmas and took it back because it was the wrong colour
    -People who don't indicate/Don't say thank you when you let them go when driving
    -Facebook/Twitter 'Famous' Idiots with those
    'Like/RT if you love God. If You ignore you love Satan'

I could go on..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    -People who are spoilt and still complain: [/B]There was a year 9 on my facebook who got an iPhone for Christmas and took it back because it was the wrong colour[B]
    That doesn't mean they're spoiled tbh. If he asked for a black one, got a white one and it was OK with everyone involved, why not take it back?

I'm assuming he moaned about when he posted about it which is fair enough but actually taking it back to get another colour is fine imvho.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.