Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have the both the question and the answer but I'm having difficulty visualising what the gametes are, what would the gametes for the parental genotypes be?

thank you
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoopWoop1212)
    I have the both the question and the answer but I'm having difficulty visualising what the gametes are, what would the gametes for the parental genotypes be?

thank you
    Okay, let's say that the dark green plant is G1G1, the yellow-green is G1G2, and the yellow is G2G2.

The yellow-green plant ("Sunny") plant is G1G2. It self-fetilises to produce the seeds, which basically means that its own gametes fuse to form the progeny. So the pollen genotype will either be G1 or G2, and likewise the egg genotype will either be G1 or G2. There is co-dominance, so the gametes should fuse to produce a theoretical phenotypic ratio of 1: 2 :1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Okay, let's say that the dark green plant is G1G1, the yellow-green is G1G2, and the yellow is G2G2.

The yellow-green plant ("Sunny") plant is G1G2. It self-fetilises to produce the seeds, which basically means that its own gametes fuse to form the progeny. So the pollen genotype will either be G1 or G2, and likewise the egg genotype will either be G1 or G2. There is co-dominance, so the gametes should fuse to produce a theoretical phenotypic ratio of 1: 2 :1.
    thank you!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.