Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    WITHOUT having extenuating/mitigating circumstances

ReputationRep:
    //

ReputationRep:
    A girl I know got 2A* and the rest a mix between A's and B's with the latter being more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold Phoenix)
    A girl I know got 2A* and the rest a mix between A's and B's with the latter being more.
    thanks, does 6A*s and 4As sound good for someone who went to a bit better than average state school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPL9457)
    thanks, does 6A*s and 4As sound good for someone who went to a bit better than average state school
    More than better.

This statistic can be found on Oxfords website:
    The mean proportion of A* at GCSE was 0.80; this rose to 0.94 for those short-listed and 0.94 for those applicants made offers. The mean number of total GCSE qualifications offered (not including short courses and other GCSE-equivalent qualifications) was 10.5.

ReputationRep:
    WITHOUT having extenuating/mitigating circumstances
    i achieved a C in English and failed to achieve a single A* at GCSE but i'm still at Cambridge :P.
    I got 3 or 4 A's at GCSE, but i destroyed by A-levels.
    I also do a lot of other stuff as well though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold Phoenix)
    More than better.

This statistic can be found on Oxfords website:
    The mean proportion of A* at GCSE was 0.80; this rose to 0.94 for those short-listed and 0.94 for those applicants made offers. The mean number of total GCSE qualifications offered (not including short courses and other GCSE-equivalent qualifications) was 10.5.
    thanks, what GCSEs and A levels did you get and what are you studying, if you dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bahjat93)
    i achieved a C in English and failed to achieve a single A* at GCSE but i'm still at Cambridge :P.
    I got 3 or 4 A's at GCSE, but i destroyed by A-levels.
    I also do a lot of other stuff as well though
    so you did have extenuating circumstances then? and what a levels did you get if you dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    I got good GCSEs (7 A* 3A) and AAAC at AS, but got into Cambridge with below average UMS (88%). Dunno if that really means much.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who went to Oxford who only had Bs, Cs, and Ds at GCSE. Then again, his course wasn't very competitive though.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by NoSpeakNewSpeak)
    I know someone who went to Oxford who only had Bs, Cs, and Ds at GCSE. Then again, his course wasn't very competitive though.
    Do you know what the course was out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Do you know what the course was out of interest?
    I think he got a place for Earth Sciences or Geology or something like that, but changed to History not long after joining. I know his original course was pretty unpopular at the time. (This was about 5 years ago).

ReputationRep:
    I got 3A*, 2A, 3B, and 1D at GCSE.
    Unconditional from Cambridge post A Level

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackkkkk)
    I got 3A*, 2A, 3B, and 1D at GCSE.
    Unconditional from Cambridge post A Level
    what did you get at a level?

ReputationRep:
    what did you get at a level?
    A*A*A* and A* EPQ

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who got into Cambridge with ABBC at AS level because he smashed the interview, luckyy...bast**d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackkkkk)
    A*A*A* and A* EPQ
    now that makes a lot of sense lol

ReputationRep:
    Random question but does a Short Course GCSE not count? Well that sucks only 7/9 of my GCSEs will actually be useful qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    now that makes a lot of sense lol
    If you have good AS grades (90+ UMS average) or good A2 results if your post A Level, they really wont look too much at your GCSE grades. UMS, admissions tests and interview take precedence over GCSE grades! Oxford focus more on predictions and GCSE and pre interview tests.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.