Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Singers/Bands you cant stand? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)

:zomg: :indiff: He is good :yep:
    I absolutely detest his voice.

ReputationRep:
    Jessie J, her singing/yodelling hurts my ears. And Tulisa, Rita Ora, Nicki Minaj and Beyonce irritate me, although I admit Beyonce is amazingly talented and good at what she does. There's just something about her that I don't warm to.

ReputationRep:
    Cheryl cole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I was at their gig in at the turn of the year and I did none of the things you stated, besides the outfit bit But I do somewhat agree with what you say, they aren't the shiz, I listen them for a good time, not for profound soul searching inspiration :borat:

:zomg: :indiff: He is good :yep:
    Glad you had a good time anyways. I don't mean deep profoundness, just some genuine passion, you know...the old rock & roll! Like going mad, people getting all into it together and being out of control. I imagine everyone's so well behaved at a Two Door Cinema Club concert. You just see bands which defined generations and kids got all wound up about, and think what've we got to show for it? Poncey indie kids :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of talentless signers and bands I don't like, but Maroon 5 songs drive me crazy. They may not be the least talented, but I find them incredibly annoying and they really do make me go insane.
    They're the only band I'll turn the radio off for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    Ellie Goulding.

Im a lad, and like some 1D songs e.g summer love/back for you etc.
    Mate your not a lad, you dissed Ellie to an extent at which you said 1D songs are better not cool bro/sis (don't even know anymore)

ReputationRep:
    Beyonce, Leona Lewis.. i know they have really good voices, just not for me i'm afraid.:cute:
    Oh, and Gangam Style dude.

ReputationRep:
    The Smiths/Morrissey, far too whiney and pretentious. Can't stand those fans they've got who quote their lyrics everywhere and get tattoos of them and all sorts, just so cringey.

The Beatles/John Lennon, they seem to have attracted a following of young people who are disillusioned with the music that is made today, which is fair enough but then they try to be all 'mature' and 'above it all' by listening to who they think they should be listening to, which happens to be The Beatles, purely because it's old music and not what a young person should be listening to. Seems like they only believe The Beatles were great because their parents told them they were great, just comes across as forced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.panda)
    I find the vast majority of modern chart music terrible, I listen to a lot of older music instead. You won't find Justin Bieber or Rihanna on my iPod, but you will find The Beatles and Queen.
    That's me in a nutshell!

Most modern music sounds mass produced and so boring, not only that, but it's topped off by terrible singers who are only successful because of their image and not because hey have any talent. e.g. Rihana

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Mate your not a lad, you dissed Ellie to an extent at which you said 1D songs are better not cool bro/sis (don't even know anymore)
    Listen yeah its that one song... anything can happen
    Besides, didn't exactly imply who is or isnt better, just said 2-3/100 1D songs are decent.

ReputationRep:
    Nicki Minaj: 'What on earth is this?!' is a good question.
    Lil Wayne: No 'flow', awful lyrics
    50 Cent: Same as above. Unless you have amazing lyrics, simply speaking to a beat isn't enough to make good rap.
    Justin Bieber: formerly talented young boy sold himself and turned into something rather grotesque.
    Brokencyde: Audiovisual Aids.
    One Direction and pretty much any other generic boy band ever: Originality, creativity, song writing skills....who needs these anyway?

And...any band ever in which male vocalists' tries at singing high pitched notes sound as if someone had just castrated them. If you can't do high-pitched singing, don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    Listen yeah its that one song... anything can happen
    Besides, didn't exactly imply who is or isnt better, just said 2-3/100 1D songs are decent.
    I agree anything can happen is a bit repetitive, but her old songs like lights, every time you go and salt skin are great, also some of her new album is great but that's probably because I'm a fan of her music.

It's ok ''bro'' I understand :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    I agree anything can happen is a bit repetitive, but her old songs like lights, every time you go and salt skin are great, also some of her new album is great but that's probably because I'm a fan of her music.

It's ok ''bro'' I understand :cool:
    Im not feeling the chick music of today, other than christina perri/avril lavigne.

OH and 1D. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of Axl Rose to be honest....Slash on the other hand is AMAZING!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Mumford and Sons irk every inch of my bones :indiff:

The Strokes have a new album out, have you had a listen?
    No I haven't, cheers for the recommendation. Do you like the black keys? I've heard one song and I like so far. One of my faves are the feeling and I got the chance to see an intimate acoustic set in their studio in a month

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised no one has said Rebecca Black :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Justin bieber, wrong direction, jls, lana del ray

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One Direction, Adele, Bieber, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj.. Blood on the Dancefloor, Nevershoutnever. I could go on 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    Glad you had a good time anyways. I don't mean deep profoundness, just some genuine passion, you know...the old rock & roll! Like going mad, people getting all into it together and being out of control. I imagine everyone's so well behaved at a Two Door Cinema Club concert. You just see bands which defined generations and kids got all wound up about, and think what've we got to show for it? Poncey indie kids :teehee:
    I know what you mean, that is lost, that Rock & Roll is dead, do not hate on Indie Kids now, :pierre: all we want is a good time :dance:

TBH though, concerts are not the best place to have a great atmosphere, that's what festivals are for! The crazy people come out then :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaknows)
    I'm surprised no one has said Rebecca Black :shock:
    Haha!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.