Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Singers/Bands you cant stand? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    Nickleback - the singer's whiny voice...

OTOH, I used to hate Morrissey's voice and delivery, but now I love it.
    Morrissey is an acquired taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    LMFAO make me want to repeatedly punch myself in the face.

Unfortunately, their my sister's favourite band. We end up having music offs, with me trying to drown out their immature, autotuned crap with Queens of the stone age, I win every time.

Also, One Direction covering Blondie. You can't. She's a classic, you're a marketing driven boyband. No. Just no. Never.
    Don't bother, just take comfort from the fact you listen to good music.

New QOTSA album in June. :bl:

ReputationRep:
    One Direction. Why does 5 failed soloists make a good group? Answer, the don't!

I don't like Beiber either but I can, however, appreciate that he can sing-just not my style

ReputationRep:
    One direction! Cant stand them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShockHorror17)
    The lyrics are just so bad. I know people who practically worship them :facepalm:
    Please give them a slap for me :facepalm: Their music videos are horrendous as well D: I think I saw Bewitched and the whole plot of the music video was stupid and don't get me started on their 'acting'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theflyingbarney)
    I agree with this - I don't think 1D or Bieber deserve quite the amount of vitriol that's directed at them. Sure, their music may be unimaginative and bland, but it's not necessarily bad. The real issue surrounding them is the way that their fans take them far too seriously. But as for the artists themselves, they've found something they can do that allows them to make stupendous sums of money at a young age - you'd be mad not to go along with it IMO.
    I honestly think it's a bandwagon you know, loads of people hate them so why not join in? It's the cool thing to say, that you hate Justin Bieber or One Direction are the worst band ever.

(Original post by MusicMaestro97)
    One Direction. Why does 5 failed soloists make a good group? Answer, the don't
    This is the point I'm getting at. The Saturdays and Girls Aloud are groups with 5 people in and are equally as bad, they don't write their own music and yet they don't get anywhere near the amount of criticism One Direction get. All pop music is ****.

ReputationRep:
    One Direction.

ReputationRep:
    Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Mumford and Sons. These bands are all the same: they rely on predictable crescendos, unadventurous song structures and easily-rememberable lyrics to detract from the vacuous content of their songs. There's very little substance, and they never make you think. You could rotate the instruments each band uses between them and they'd all sound the same as before. Other bands like this too (Bastille? Just add synths).

Also Lil Wayne.

ReputationRep:
    The Wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    Indie pop is killing rock music. Liking them makes people think they are alternative and clever but actually their music breaks no more boundaries than Rihanna/Adele/Katy Perry. Middle class indie nothingness. People who go to their gigs spend the whole day picking out an outfit, Instagram it, and stand still and tweet throughout the whole concert (on their iPhone.)
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like sleeping with the sirens. The voice of the singer sounds like he is pooping from his nose. I really can't stand them.

ReputationRep:
    All except Taylor Swift, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Rihanna, she is a slut and an idiot for going back with the woman beater Chris Brown. If she gets beaten again it will be her own fault.

Liam Gallagher - Basically just a ****

Heavy metal bands - freaks

Rita Ora - Also an overrated slut

I'm sorry but what idiots negged me? Please state how I was wrong about any of them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but what idiots negged me? Please state how I was wrong about any of them.
    I think it was the heavy metal comment . Heavy metal is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I think it was the heavy metal comment . Heavy metal is brilliant.
    I like stuff like System of a down (is that even heavy)? But some of the bands that dress up ridiculously and just scream annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    I like stuff like System of a down (is that even heavy)? But some of the bands that dress up ridiculously and just scream annoy me.
    Dunno. I was making a joke there, but regarding your heavy metal point, I think your idea of heavy metal is death metal, I used to think heavy metal was crap as well and my idea of heavy metal used to be bands like Slipknot and toss like that. It's actually very good though. Try these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdHbA4GlSI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQBttKoetqo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Dunno. I was making a joke there, but regarding your heavy metal point, I think your idea of heavy metal is death metal, I used to think heavy metal was crap as well and my idea of heavy metal used to be bands like Slipknot and toss like that. It's actually very good though. Try these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdHbA4GlSI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQBttKoetqo
    Oh I see, yeah im probably getting the 2 genres mixed up. I know those songs, they are quite good. Giving me flashbacks of playing Vice CitY!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't neg you, but insulting Liam Gallagher is neg-worthy IMO. He is ****ing brilliant. Very talented in his own right (Not, as some claim, 'lucky to have such a talented brother')

Anyways, I would say my main ones would have to be

Mumford and Sons- Their songs are so ****ing predictable. verse chorus verse chorus, the man will start singing quietly, crescendo up to a minute of angry, loud banjo playing then the guy yells the chorus one more time. EVERY. GOD. DAMN. SONG.
    Any artist who got a record deal solely on appearance, not talent (You know the type, been mentioned time and time again here)
    The majority of these dull-as bands that are out atm that people only like because they think it makes them oh-so-different and indie, such as Bastille, Palma Violets, Swim deep etc etc
    Drake- What a vile, loathsome little **** of a man.
    Will.i.am- How to make **** loads of money out of having absolutely no talent whatsoever.
    Katy Perry- I kissed a girl is quite possibly the most nauseating song I have ever had the misfortune of hearing, just really encourages this god-awful culture at the minute of girls pretending to be bisexual or making out with their friends just to get guys' attention. ****ing imbecile.

But the worst of all...
    Ed Sheeran- don't get why everyone bum ****s over this guy as if he is the first person ever to pick up an acoustic guitar. He's not that great, if I were to ever listen to his whole album I think I would slip into a coma.

I could go on all day, this is a subject I feel really passionate about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermitthefrog)
    I didn't neg you, but insulting Liam Gallagher is neg-worthy IMO. He is ****ing brilliant. Very talented in his own right (Not, as some claim, 'lucky to have such a talented brother')
    I'm a big Oasis fanboy, but I don't like Liam all that much. He was a great live vocalist c.1995 but the majority of his live performances around the Dig Out Your Soul period were painful when he went through the phase of shouting the lyrics as opposed to trying to sing. I certainly still like his voice on studio recordings though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah System are a metal band. An excellent one as well. :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.