Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Finished school and A-levels but got poor grades. How do resits work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I took my As and A levels in 2010/11 and got CCC which was really shoddy, it's also because my AS modules dropped me down.

With the grades I got, I barely got into university, but I did get in.

I studied a year at Staffordshire university studying business and economics. I didn't like it there at all so after my first year dropped out.

Now a year later I realise that I want to go to university but my grades just aren't enough to go anywhere I'd like to go just yet.

However, I have applied and got offers from some university, great! BUT I must resit to get the grades i'm after!

If somebody could advise me on independent retaking that would be great!

I don't think I need to retake any of my exam modules in Applied Business as they were okay. However, in the past couple months I have been revamping and massively improving my AS coursework to the mark scheme found online. Now i've completed 90% of it, when and how do I go about submitting it for marking by a marker? I'm clueless in this area and direction and any advice would be amazing.

The exam board is OCR so if anyone knows anything at all that would be awesome

Thank you!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's probably too late to do anything this year. The deadline for applying for summer exams has passed - you can still enter but will have to pay more, and centres may not be accepting any more candidates.

However, you need to find an exam centre. The exam board website should publish a list of centres that accept external candidates and you should also contact your old school. Although the exam fees are set they can charge as much as they like for other stuff, so contact several and see where you're most happy with. People on tsr post about paying anywhere from £50 up per exam.

Some centres will mark coursework but not all will so again you need to ask around.

Sent from my GT-S5363

ReputationRep:
    I have one other problem. I turned 20 in February does or should that make a difference? Since ocr states candidates 14-19

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nope. That age range is just the typical age range of candidates and shows which part of the curriculum the exams refer to.

Sent from my GT-S5363

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Juno you have been a real help, I will try my absolute hardest to get the work in ASAP and am willing to pay a lot so that I do! If you know anything at all that's would also help me that would be so so appreciated!

Thank you again

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.