Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

What am I better off doing for physics, pastpapers or progressive problems from the books which should cover all the course, I'd want to do both but with the other subjects I highly doubt I will get them all completed.

Same for chemistry? I genuinely have no idea what's the better option whereas for maths I know to do pastpapers as they will be the better option.

Any replies much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Past paper questions got me through it fine. whilst studying for it i used the questions on this website http://www.elginacademy.co.uk/?page_id=1093 under the 'Higher Past papers (Units 1, 2 and 3)' heading.
    They took questions from exam paper from 1991 onwards and broke them up into units e.g. diffraction , capacitors, photoelectric and all that jazz which made it alot easier to study exam style questions on the areas you arent so good at...
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    Yeah, my experience with textbook questions were that they were tediously useless. I don't need 600 questions on how to do a free-body diagram, thanks. The standard of textbook questions don't tend to reach exam level until the "later" examples, so unless you really have no clue what you're doing with the subject, then you can skip most textbook questions.

However, there was one textbook that had "Ink exercises" at the end of every chapter that were at a good level, but I'm afraid I don't remember the name of it. :teehee:

Above link is good. I do recommend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bibbster123)
    Past paper questions got me through it fine. whilst studying for it i used the questions on this website http://www.elginacademy.co.uk/?page_id=1093 under the 'Higher Past papers (Units 1, 2 and 3)' heading.
    They took questions from exam paper from 1991 onwards and broke them up into units e.g. diffraction , capacitors, photoelectric and all that jazz which made it alot easier to study exam style questions on the areas you arent so good at...

(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Yeah, my experience with textbook questions were that they were tediously useless. I don't need 600 questions on how to do a free-body diagram, thanks. The standard of textbook questions don't tend to reach exam level until the "later" examples, so unless you really have no clue what you're doing with the subject, then you can skip most textbook questions.

However, there was one textbook that had "Ink exercises" at the end of every chapter that were at a good level, but I'm afraid I don't remember the name of it. :teehee:

Above link is good. I do recommend.

Pastpapers it is!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.