Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I had to bring my brother home early from college on Tuesday, he said he was feeling really sick. He said his friend had been sick that day too, so I was scared it might have been a bug. He went to bed as soon as we got home and not long after I went out for about 1.5 hours. I came back and he was downstairs, I asked him how he felt and he said he felt better and hadn't been sick. He told my parents the same thing. I was relieved because this probably meant he didn't have a bug, maybe he'd just had a funny turn.

It's now Friday and no one else in the house has gotten sick so far. But today he told someone that he was sick on Tuesday, and when I asked about it he said that yes, he'd been sick in the bathroom that we all share, but I don't know whether he's lying or not because previously he said he hadn't. I know this might sound so stupid but I'm deathly afraid of getting any kind of stomach bug, and since he's not exactly considerate for other people's health and sometimes doesn't wash his hands I've wiped down the toilet flush, the tap, the cupboard handles and the door handle in the bathroom with some anti-viral foam (it has an ingredient in it which is meant to kill norovirus), and I always wash my hands thoroughly before preparing food or putting anything in my mouth. I'm also not using the hand towel which is next to the toilet. I'm really scared I'm going to get it, and we have people over this weekend and I'm worried it might spread to someone else. If he wasn't lying about being sick and he's not just trying to scare me, is it possible for me to get it even after 3 days? Please help

Bump?

ReputationRep:
    It is hard to tell. Some viruses take effect quicker than others. Have to wait it out I am afraid. After 3 days though I am sure you're fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You most likely would of caught it by now. Keep using your hand gel, don't touch your face too much and follow basic hygiene and I'm sure you will be fine. Norovirus is hard to catch. I have a phobia of vomit so I know how you feel! But your doing all the right things, and I'm sure you will be fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.