Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i am revising edexcel AS biology using the cgp revision guide and after completion i'm going to do all the papers, so is this good enough if i want to get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aashir)
    so i am revising edexcel AS biology using the cgp revision guide and after completion i'm going to do all the papers, so is this good enough if i want to get an A
    Use an advanced text book to go over things you don't understand

make flash cards with key words and important sequences that you might need to know

make sure you've learnt everything and remember it all and THEN do the past papers. If you get any questions wrong re-write the right answer and make sure you learn it. questions are always repeated.

I didn't get an A in biology. I got a B overall but got A in 3/4 of the exams

all the best, ask for anymore questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aashir)
    Just make sure you understand EVERYTHING, make links and just remember that everything in the body happens for a reason. So try to find the reason. Ask questions in class and don't give a crap if you think your questions are stupid, as long as you understand that's the only thing that matters. I used to never ask questions in my GCSEs but would constantly ask questions in AS. Once you've done that you'll notice that there's ALOT less stuff left to memorize from the syllabus, then make flashcards and do past papers last. This is how I got my A in AS.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.