Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping to go there to do biomedical science and im wondering what the cambridge campus is like at anglia ruskin uni.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately, the best answer anyone here is going to be able to give you is that you need to see the campus and the city entirely on your own to get the best idea, however, as a student, I can definitely say it has more than enough to cater to any specific need a student may have regarding the social aspect.

The campus is definitely more modern in its own right in comparison to the University of Cambridge, and most areas are easy to navigate to. That, and a definitely active Student Union in terms of societies and clubs certainly supports the social life.

Mind you, I'm not the party animal kind, so I can't account for all aspects - however, I would definitely say I could last the whole 4 years at the Cambridge campus on looks alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FPRider)
    Ultimately, the best answer anyone here is going to be able to give you is that you need to see the campus and the city entirely on your own to get the best idea, however, as a student, I can definitely say it has more than enough to cater to any specific need a student may have regarding the social aspect.

The campus is definitely more modern in its own right in comparison to the University of Cambridge, and most areas are easy to navigate to. That, and a definitely active Student Union in terms of societies and clubs certainly supports the social life.

Mind you, I'm not the party animal kind, so I can't account for all aspects - however, I would definitely say I could last the whole 4 years at the Cambridge campus on looks alone.
    thanks for the reply, i will try and secure an open day if possible, im not a party animal either so its nice to see that you stilll find the social life ok.

it sounds nice, i really do hope to go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma122)
    thanks for the reply, i will try and secure an open day if possible, im not a party animal either so its nice to see that you stilll find the social life ok.

it sounds nice, i really do hope to go there.
    I could casually advertise a specific society that I may (fingers crossed) become a member of the committee, but that will be entirely up to you to take a look at. If you want more details, feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FPRider)
    I could casually advertise a specific society that I may (fingers crossed) become a member of the committee, but that will be entirely up to you to take a look at. If you want more details, feel free to PM me.
    hi ill be happy if you could answer my question..

how is it academically? I mean they want 240 points entry do you get good quality teaching?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rukan)
    hi ill be happy if you could answer my question..

how is it academically? I mean they want 240 points entry do you get good quality teaching?

thanks
    I cannot speak on this front yet, as I entered as a foundation year student this year which has different entry requirements. Furthermore, what one department / course may be the excellent of teaching, may not necessarily be true of another department / course.

Use the Unistats, NSS, etc. to help determine your feelings, as well as take an Open Day and ask a few questions.

For what it is worth however, I've been given many an opportunity by the Psychology department as well as the SU in expanding my CV, so I would say it's been worth my £8300 so far.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.