Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've only really applied to investment banks so this is all I know. Note that the '+' indicates the starting bonus

Blackrock: 38k + 5
    RBS: 37k + 3
    HSBC: 38k + 3.5 (interestingly the salary is listed on all their leaflets!)
    Barclays Investment Bank: 40k + 5
    Goldman Sachs: 37k + 3 (as of 2 years ago, not sure now)
    JP Morgan: 40k + 5
    UBS: 37k + 3 (as of 2 years ago, not sure now)
    Deutsche Bank: 36k + 5
    Morgan Stanley: 39k + 5

Please add/correct me

ReputationRep:
    For jobs not in an investment bank, I won't disclose what I'll be getting but the figures here look reasonable. http://targetjobs.co.uk/career-secto...t-job?mobile=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttoby)
    For jobs not in an investment bank, I won't disclose what I'll be getting but the figures here look reasonable. http://targetjobs.co.uk/career-secto...t-job?mobile=1
    I really don't understand what's so hard to disclose about a number at the end of your paycheck...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadhukar)
    I really don't understand what's so hard to disclose about a number at the end of your paycheck...?
    It is meant to be confidential really, and also the position I'm in is fairly unique so the amount I get wouldn't necessarily reflect what other graduates get. But I feel the numbers given in that page I linked to are realistic so hopefully that's useful to people.

ReputationRep:
    Those are pretty tasty salaries. Are those for tech roles? Wonder if the hours are OK given it's back office, if so that would be pretty awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Those are pretty tasty salaries. Are those for tech roles? Wonder if the hours are OK given it's back office, if so that would be pretty awesome!
    Yep, it's tech!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadhukar)
    Yep, it's tech!
    Feel like I picked the wrong career then lol

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Goldman Sachs definitely pay more. It was 36K for an internship (know someone on one atm) and I think I was told it was 45K for graduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matty919)
    Goldman Sachs definitely pay more. It was 36K for an internship (know someone on one atm) and I think I was told it was 45K for graduate.
    That's most likely front office (IBD, markets, asset, etc.). No company pays tech more than 40k without sign on bonus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.