Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As title says, wondering what its like in terms of people, social life etc. My other choice is Goldsmiths in south London and Manchester met, and I've applied for computer science with foundation year. At a glance Glamorgran looks great, and I've heard welsh people are awesome. Not to mention computer science is accredited so that's a plus.

I'm hoping for accommodation in Cardiff just because I want to be close to the nightlife. I was kinda drawn towards Goldsmiths but its full of hipsters and I doubt there's gonna be many people up for a night out. Not crazy about man met, because I'm sick of Manchester (I live there)

Any help would be appreciated.

enjoy the music,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTvHcQmKUpU

Sham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smokingskittles0)
    As title says, wondering what its like in terms of people, social life etc. My other choice is Goldsmiths in south London and Manchester met, and I've applied for computer science with foundation year. At a glance Glamorgran looks great, and I've heard welsh people are awesome. Not to mention computer science is accredited so that's a plus.

I'm hoping for accommodation in Cardiff just because I want to be close to the nightlife. I was kinda drawn towards Goldsmiths but its full of hipsters and I doubt there's gonna be many people up for a night out. Not crazy about man met, because I'm sick of Manchester (I live there)

Any help would be appreciated.

enjoy the music,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTvHcQmKUpU

Sham
    Hi!

I'm a second year here at Glamorgan as well as an insight ambassador. As unbiased as I can be, it is a really good university. In terms of accreditation like you said a lot of courses are which is a bonus.

The campus in Treforest is so conveniently close to the train station (like 5 mins) to get to and from Cardiff easily. The lecturers in the advanced tech dept are great too and I have heard from many that they are friendly and helpful.

Treforest has numerous pubs which are very student oriented with open mic nights, quiz nights, student price nights and there are various places to grab a quick bite to eat both locally and down in the industrial estate which is quite close.

People in Treforest and wider are generally friendly people, I haven't had trouble with them yet.

Check us ambassadors out and read our blogs for a bit more personal info on some of these areas: http://uswinsight.blogs.southwales.ac.uk/ or twitter @uswinsight

Hope I helped a little!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.