Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm interested in doing something like travelling around europe for a few weeks,i would love to do it for longer but have two dogs doubt it would be fair to leave them with someone else for that long. What Im wondering is how much do people usually spend for a weeks, i don't really drink loads and would be eating cheap food so. Obviously would need to budget for attractions etc

has anybody worked in hostels etc, is it easy to find work or are they only interested in people who want to stay longer term?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Unless you stumble across a hostel that by chance happens to be very desperate for a worker (which probably wont happen considering the number of willing workers in the summer, then I doubt you will be able to. Especially for a few days.

Also it is even more unlikely that you would get paid hard cash, rather you would receive free boarding for your work.

ReputationRep:
    That's insane. You're looking to find jobs in destinations you'll be staying at for a few nights?! I jsut can't see how that'll work out.

ReputationRep:
    I asked because i still havent ruled out going for longer than a few weeks, it depends on a few things especially if Im accepted into college this year. I did notice a few hostel jobs and a few said you work so many hours for your board and then if you work more then your paid for those or your free to work somewhere else if you want. Im completely new to interrailing, I hadnt even thought of it untill recently. so thought I'd find out more about the financial side of it because i wouldnt want to run out of money!

ReputationRep:
    You'd need to commit to about three weeks in one place at least to work in a hostel. The other problem is sheer demand. The flow of people means that there will always be someone that can deal in the local language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    You'd need to commit to about three weeks in one place at least to work in a hostel. The other problem is sheer demand. The flow of people means that there will always be someone that can deal in the local language.

Thanks, thats what I thought. I'll just have to save hard and budget even better!

I haven't ever been traveling myself before but feel a bit bored of life at the moment and stuck in a rut so think it would be a great experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staceyc1990)
    Thanks, thats what I thought. I'll just have to save hard and budget even better!

I haven't ever been traveling myself before but feel a bit bored of life at the moment and stuck in a rut so think it would be a great experience
    A great reason to go. I have a job right now so I have to save hard for trips and use my time off wisely, but use it well while you have it

ReputationRep:
    yeah thought that was a good reason to go lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.