Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Right

During year 11, I was friends with about 9 other girls at school. 4 of us left our school for sixth form, me included, and I left for a new one on my own.

I've been trying to plan anything to do in the summer, it feels like no ones interested. I'm trying to plan something this holidays, it feels the same. It's not like they are being rude at all, just quite unresponsive. So it feels like they don't want anything to do with me anymore.

This normally wouldn't bother me, but I don't really have friends at my new school. And this is the summer before uni so it feels kinda final.

I know I should be revising/ working on myself blah blah but I dunno ):

bump?

ReputationRep:
    I found that lots of my friends who left to go elsewhere for sixth form I don't really know any more, so they probably expect that you have new friends at your new school. If you haven't seen each other for a while, I can understand why they are hesitant, so maybe try talking to them about other things than meeting up? If you haven't really kept in contact with them otherwise then they might feel a bit distant?

Move on. I left school 10 years ago and not spoken to a single one of them since. We didn't fall out, people just go down different paths and life takes you elsewhere.
    You also 'out grow' each other as you get older, as your outlook, attitude and ambitions change and they have different outlooks, attitude and ambitions.

You will have plenty of time to make new friends at uni, however, when it comes to having true friends in your life it's about quality and quantity!

*Not quanitity*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Move on. I left school 10 years ago and not spoken to a single one of them since. We didn't fall out, people just go down different paths and life takes you elsewhere.
    that's true. from my own experience, i moved from my country to london 6 years ago. me and my 'bff' were always hanging out together etc even when i went back during summer. but since last summer we spoke twice, not even spoke, it was a facebook chat. she has a bf, i dont, i have different view on things, different ambitions. it just happens

ReputationRep:
    Anonymous has got the measure of it. Friends are very rarely fixed - like other people in your life, they come and go, and you shouldn't expect them to stick around, especially during your growing up years. People are not static - they change, and although I'm sure these girls don't dislike you (as you say, they are simply unresponsive,) they have moved on and are not willing to give up some of their precious summer holiday with someone they don't feel so close to any more.

Are there any social or hobby groups you can join in the meantime? You can meet like-minded people, although if as you say you are going to Uni soon, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You will make plenty of friends there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.