Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most awkward public place? watch

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it might be in lifts. They're small enclosed boxes in which every action seems to be magnified through the walls of mirrors. No one ever talks, and eye contact is practically forbidden.

Where else do you guys think is awkward?

ReputationRep:
    For men I'm guessing a sperm bank 'cause every one knows you're there to jerk off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The long urinal trough in men's public toilets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bouffe)
    This is a good one, especially if its:

a) crowded
    b) low down so it splashes and makes a loud noise -.-

ReputationRep:
    Really packed train.

I feel so violated.

There's always that one ass in your face, and that one person who thinks it's absolutely a-ok to put their whole body weight on you, nearly forgot to mention there's always that one person who LOVES to breathe down your neck.

ReputationRep:
    Anne Summers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bouffe)
    A short urinal trough in men's public toilets.

ReputationRep:
    London underground trains (especially when sitting down) I never know where to look.

ReputationRep:
    Packed London Underground tubes, I actually feel so violated. Especially when their is that one person who feels the need to touch you inappropriately on the tube even if it is by accident. So awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I must say underground as well, especially when someone pretends you don't exist and they nearly fall onto you. Oh and packed buses, especially with people with prams as some of them think that if they have a pram, they can behave how they want, drive on your feet without a simple apology. About the tube, it's nothing worse than seeing someone's hairy, big ass peeking out of their pants :erm:

ReputationRep:
    For a dedicated orc warrior no public place is awkward, for there is no private space and everyone is equal! Although back in 2011 sharing Dalaran as a public space with alliance was a bit intimidating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeropoint)
    A short urinal trough in men's public toilets.
    I'm 6"6 so every urinal is short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperial_Maniac)
    I'm 6"6 so every urinal is short.
    You're 6 inches?

Oh, I see.

ReputationRep:
    It's especially awkward if there's only you and one other person in a lift.

ReputationRep:
    Gyms. Seeing someone you know in the gym is so annoying because they'll try to have a conversation whilst your gasping for breath, dripping with sweat and looking your worst and a non-awkward conversation is impossible.

ReputationRep:
    This post:

(Original post by reneetaylor)
    Really packed train.

I feel so violated.

There's always that one ass in your face, and that one person who thinks it's absolutely a-ok to put their whole body weight on you, nearly forgot to mention there's always that one person who LOVES to breathe down your neck.
    Inspired:

(Original post by IsthatmaryX)
    Packed London Underground tubes, I actually feel so violated. Especially when their is that one person who feels the need to touch you inappropriately on the tube even if it is by accident. So awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cafes and restaurants - only when you're there by yourself with a huge amount of food and think people are judging you for being a greedy loner or something, though if you don't care about things like that this wouldn't apply But personally I would never go somewhere like that without at least one other person...

Hairdressers - when they try and make awkward conversations with you while they do your hair and you just don't know what to say to them. Even worse is when being home from uni and realising that practically every hairdressers in town has a *****y chav girl from school working in them. This is why I prefer getting my hair done while I'm at uni.

I see someone's already mentioned Underground tubes. I'd also like to add buses - when they're so packed you can hardly move and in the worst possible situation you end up squashed next to one of those people who never washes themselves :puke: or when someone gets on that you don't like and you hope they just ignore you :lol: Small hometown problems!

ReputationRep:
    Dole queue

ReputationRep:
    Being sat on a bus facing someone.
    Especially when it's a mum and a kid, and the kid just sits staring at you. So awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being at the back of a really packed bus when it's your stop to get off. You can just tell that everyone there hates you when you squish past them

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.