Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my university offer, (AAA). I'm not letting this slip away I need to get my 3 A's, Not meeting my offer would be horrendous. I've made a revision timetable which is 5 hours worth of work a day. Do you think its too much?

9-10am
    12-1pm
    2-3pm
    5-6pm
    6-7pm

I've got 5 exams in the summer so was thinking an hour per day for each exam.

ReputationRep:
    I've always been one to criticize those who revise for mad numbers of hours. But tbh since yesterday I've been doing maths the whole day and learnt a crap load which I would've learnt after the half-term at school.
    I wouldn't allocate an hour to each subject, but I would try to get some topics learnt properly however long it takes.

ReputationRep:
    trying to plan a productive revision timetable whilst still staying sane is a very difficult thing :/

If i dont revise one subject for a day i feel like i will forget it all.

ReputationRep:
    I find that daily schedules don't work for me so I trialed a weekly one for jan exams and it worked a treat like you I have 5 exams in the summer so I've split it up into topics and also time for papers and have a list of things to complete by the end of each week per unit / subject. It means I KNOW I will cover everything in enough time and have the flexibility to work when I feel I can concentrate rather than forcing myself and ending up spending a day staring at a book and learning nothing. As it gets closer to exams it also allows me Time to concentrate specifically on that exam without feeling like I'm compromising others. It works for me but I have a lot going on so I need flexibility. Method probably requires more self discipline to ensure you don't leave it all till the end of the week though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yorkshire.lad)
    Finally got my university offer, (AAA). I'm not letting this slip away I need to get my 3 A's, Not meeting my offer would be horrendous. I've made a revision timetable which is 5 hours worth of work a day. Do you think its too much?

9-10am
    12-1pm
    2-3pm
    5-6pm
    6-7pm

I've got 5 exams in the summer so was thinking an hour per day for each exam.
    What do you need in your finals to get A's?

ReputationRep:
    I think that's fine! Do whatever you can manage. Go for it, you can do it. Where's your offer from?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't have the time periods, rather do 1 paper or chapter each session

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateislate)
    I think that's fine! Do whatever you can manage. Go for it, you can do it. Where's your offer from?
    medicine from manchester

ReputationRep:
    I agree with other people, the best thing is to set a goal of what you're going to do with yourself, rather than a time you're going to spend on each subject. Having said that I keep track of how long I do on each subject so I can be sure I don't prioritise one subject over the others and end up with not enough time to do one at all!

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Five hours a day sounds perfectly reasonable. There will be times when you simply can't work well, so I would keep the precise times flexible, but aim for an average of five hours. Obviously the more the better, but five is about what I have found I can sustain for long periods of time - no point burning out.

Congratulations on your medicine offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    Five hours a day sounds perfectly reasonable. There will be times when you simply can't work well, so I would keep the precise times flexible, but aim for an average of five hours. Obviously the more the better, but five is about what I have found I can sustain for long periods of time - no point burning out.

Congratulations on your medicine offer!
    Thank you. I just pray i get the grades. I have a large cushion in chemistry but little room for error in biology or physics. I wish i tried harder in AS so i wouldn't be so stressed now.

ReputationRep:
    Your exams, your revision, your choice! That's a good timetable if you can stick to it though - lots of scheduled break time so you won't be as tempted to break during your allocated study hours and an early finish for a relaxing evening

Good luck! And don't be afraid to change your timetable and what you're doing if it isn't working

ReputationRep:
    Just finished my 5 hours now. It really wasn't that bad and I got a lot done. At this rate I should hopefully have gone over everything by the end of the easter holidays.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.