The Student Room Group

Gym pet peeves

Scroll to see replies

I would rather use a treadmill than go outside for a run, mostly because of my asthma, I feel safer in a controlled environment, as my asthma is pretty bad.

I'm new to the gym and the only thing that annoys me is when people just drop the weights on the floor.. it makes me jump every time!
Original post by CosmicVengeance
Pretty sure thats how everyone starts off, i myself didnt know proper technique etc until many months later and i had no routine, use random things, with time he will realise this himself like me and it will be all good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by McHumpy92
If he sticks at it by the time he is 22 he will be a god.

If he doesn't injure himself first. He's like 13-14 so should be there with someone more experienced IMO. I'm sure in school they wouldn't leave kids unsupervised.
There's poor technique and then there's poor dangerous/unsafe technique. No offence but if an adult gets injured for not being responsible and checking how to use equipment, that's their problem. But kids are different and don't know any better. Not sure how they get around h&s letting him in.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja
We got this kid in our gym, he's under 14 I'd guess. He walks around using random machines and doing the exercises wrongly. I see him there pretty often. He's on his own as well. He often asks random bros "how do you use this machine" then the bro shows him (wrong usually) and he does that. I saw him behind the neck press on the smith machine with a heavy weight once. He was slowly pushing it up but man it looked painful. Lucky he's so young and has full flexibility and soft cartilage etc otherwise snap city.

ANyway, if you are young people will look at you because they're thinking "who the **** is supervising this kid?" which is what I think each time I see the kid above.

I'm 15 now and I used to go with my mum but she doesn't really go anymore and I occasionally go with my friend, they probably think I'm too young to be on my own haha and probably because I smile at everyone that looks at me oops ha :colondollar:.
Reply 103
People who fart near me. Although this would apply anywhere, not just in the gym, but it always seems to be worse in there.
Reply 104
Original post by Dan1909
People who fart near me. Although this would apply anywhere, not just in the gym, but it always seems to be worse in there.

Dat protein fart
Original post by Chrisgibson
Dat protein fart

gonna make you some lean gains!
Reply 106
Gyms gone green. Machines won't be switched on until 9am (opens at 6am) if you want to use one before 9 you have to ask for it to be turned on and they take a couple of minutes to boot up. *****.
Original post by RtGOAT
Gyms gone green. Machines won't be switched on until 9am (opens at 6am) if you want to use one before 9 you have to ask for it to be turned on and they take a couple of minutes to boot up. *****.

That sounds ridiculous! Should at least have one of each on ready for whoever comes in and turn them on one by one as it gets busier, rather than wait to be asked! Unfortunately, I doubt it's anything to do with "being green"; more to do with making as much profit as possible.
Reply 108
Original post by RtGOAT

Yeah, never heard of this.

Just run on the spot whilst it boots up anyway.
Reply 109
Oh yeah I doubt it has anything to do with being green, purely a financial move.

Doesn't effect me too much though as I do weights first so I'll just use whatever machine someone else has had turned on for my cardio after. Still its a cheap move.
Girls who walk into the weights room, stand there in groups looking around for a couple of minutes and do absolutely nothing besides loudly comment on and criticise what other people are doing, then walk out. :angry:
Original post by Ezekiella
Girls who walk into the weights room, stand there in groups looking around for a couple of minutes and do absolutely nothing besides loudly comment on and criticise what other people are doing, then walk out. :angry:

This actually happens? :tongue:
Original post by In One Ear
This actually happens? :tongue:

It does in my local. The weights room is separate to the main gym, but it's still damn annoying. :tongue:
People who can't be bothered to wipe off their sweat puddles from machines and benches.
Hordes of people whoring the weights to do ****ing bicep curls.
People whoring the peck deck (one machine in my gym. It's rarely free even on the quietest days).
People standing around doing **** all, creating traffic in the free weights.
Phaggots using all kinds of machines for bicep curls.
People who stand directly behind you, sighing every couple of seconds until you get off the machine they want to use. Why not just ask?
When the gym leader uses a full restore.
Reply 114
My gym just got rid of a power rack and replaced it with another smith machine.
Theres now 2 smith machines and no power/squat rack.
I thought it was a late april fools at first.
Someone hold me?
Someone hold me?

Original post by TheCount.
What's wrong with squatting below parallel?

Nothing, that was meant to say above parallel lol.
Reply 117
Original post by C.M.182
1. Lads who wear beanies and hoodies
2. Grunter's
3. Know it all's

Yh woolly hats in the gym, what's all that about!?
Someone hold me?

:console:

But why though? Is the demand for a smith machine that great? :lolwut:
Reply 119
Original post by Implication
Nothing, that was meant to say above parallel lol.

Ass to grass is the only way!

Quick Reply

Latest