Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Durham (AAA) and St Andrews (AAB) to study italian (and maybe spanish as well at durham).

The hardest decision is choosing between the two, does anyone have any pros or cons, or any information about the two that might help me in my final decision?

The biggest downside to St Andrews is the extra year, which means extra fees. The isolation might be a factor, but it's not as big.
    The biggest downside to Durham is that it just doesn't have that "St Andrews" uniqueness about it (in my opinion, please don't shoot me). St Andrews has the raisin weekend and the beach and the little quirks.

Pro about Durham, year less, closer to my home near london, accepted at University College (castle)
    Pro about St Andrews, area - beach, quirky shops, has that 'romantic' feel.

Please - I am in need of some other information and opinions about the two to help me make my final choice!

Thank you in advance.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.