Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AEA Mathematics 25/06 2013 Thread Watch

• View Poll Results: What do you think the Distinction grade boundary is likely to be?
    Greater than 85
    2.78%
    82-85
    11.11%
    78-81
    11.11%
    74-77
    25.00%
    70-73
    19.44%
    66-69
    27.78%
    65 or less
    2.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I think its 1pm

Ah, thanks. I'm going out so I have to wait until later. :cool:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    Ah, thanks. I'm going out so I have to wait until later. :cool:
    Well I look forward to hearing your opinion on the paper as I am with everyone's opinion of it really, plus it'll be nice to know whether I got what I think I have, talk later on then

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about all the repeat posts, I'm on my iPad and I have butterfingers.

Well I look forward to hearing your opinion on the paper as I am with everyone's opinion of it really, plus it'll be nice to know whether I got what I think I have, talk later on then
    Yep, and everyone can tell me that all 6 of my solutions were wrong :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you take STEP I yesterday? I'm sure you'll have done enough to get into Warwick
    No, I couldn't afford to do STEP :/ and my school wasn't paying. Lower chance of going to uni because I'm poor :'( (i kid i kid).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarasta)
    No, I couldn't afford to do STEP :/ and my school wasn't paying. Lower chance of going to uni because I'm poor :'( (i kid i kid).
    Your school makes you pay for exams? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appeal to reason)
    Its been close to 70 nearly every year?
    Always below 70 in the first 3 years and later on I think it was in the late 60s. So hopefully, i really believe it was harder than anything before. 69 in 2009

ReputationRep:
    Your school makes you pay for exams? :eek:
    Yeah man, I had to pay for AEA. Nearly paid for FP2 but my teacher managed to sneak it in for me. They pay for the ones you need, any extra they don't pay.

ReputationRep:
    Always below 70 in the first 3 years and later on I think it was in the late 60s. So hopefully, i really believe it was harder than anything before.
    I think 2010,2012 and 2006(?) are the only ones that have been over 70. (80, 75 and 74 if I remember correctly)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah man, I had to pay for AEA. Nearly paid for FP2 but my teacher managed to sneak it in for me.
    That's pretty cheap of them - I asked my school if I had to pay and they were shocked that I even thought of it! We do have to pay £20 for resits though once we reach A Level, but if someone says they can't afford to the school just pays for them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah man, I had to pay for AEA. Nearly paid for FP2 but my teacher managed to sneak it in for me. They pay for the ones you need, any extra they don't pay.
    I had to pay for STEP and AEA, I actually only realised I had to pay for AEA after the deadline for entry, so would've had to pay £80 for entry. Luckily the exams office offered to pay half of it for me.

ReputationRep:
    I think 2010,2012 and 2006(?) are the only ones that have been over 70. (80, 75 and 74 if I remember correctly)
    That's encouraging, I can't really see this year being higher than the average.

I'm surprised at all you guys having to pay for this, I just go to a state school so they probably aren't allowed to charge or something.

ReputationRep:
    I think 2006 was quite low, somewhere around 67/68. I think it was the lowest they've been. I remember 2002 was quite high though, definitely around the mid 70's.

ReputationRep:
    I had to pay for STEP and AEA, I actually only realised I had to pay for AEA after the deadline for entry, so would've had to pay £80 for entry. Luckily the exams office offered to pay half of it for me.
    That's really good, I paid £42 and I would have needed like £120 to enter STEP I and II

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty cheap of them - I asked my school if I had to pay and they were shocked that I even thought of it! We do have to pay £20 for resits though once we reach A Level, but if someone says they can't afford to the school just pays for them anyway.
    yeah we pay for resits as well. The maths department maybe would have if I had asked them, they once paid for me to go to a Maths camp and that was a couple of hundred pounds so.

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary poll?
    Thanks for the suggestion, I've added one now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    I think 2006 was quite low, somewhere around 67/68. I think it was the lowest they've been. I remember 2002 was quite high though, definitely around the mid 70's.
    Yes, sorry, 2002 was the 74 paper. I hadn't actually checked the year, just that it was at the bottom of the grade boundaries document on the edexcel site (didn't realise they did it in order from youngest to oldest).

ReputationRep:
    yeah we pay for resits as well. The maths department maybe would have if I had asked them, they once paid for me to go to a Maths camp and that was a couple of hundred pounds so.
    Villiers park?

ReputationRep:
    For the grade boundaries, I voted 82-85, maybe it'll be high 70s if we're lucky. Summer 2010 (I think) had 81 for a distinction so I'm inclined to believe that this is a feasible grade boundary.

For me, the exam was very rudimentary. I didn't prepare much at all and my exam technique was horrible and I still believe I obtained a merit. As I say, I think the candidates who are more intelligent and rehearsed than I am will have had abnormally high marks and hence, substantially skew the boundaries out of my/our favour . I hate saying it though, I really do.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    That's rather unfortunate really and I never even asked the school whether they'd pay or not, but they paid for all 11 of my exams this term when 5 of them were either extras or resits I hope you've done enough to get into Warwick now but I'm not sure they'd accept a merit in AEA over a 3 in STEP

ReputationRep:
    Villiers park?
    Yes! Do I know you?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.