The Student Room Group

AEA Mathematics 25/06 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brittanna
I'm sure you've got at least a merit :smile:. And anyway, you've still got STEP as well which you've probably done well in.

Spoiler

I'm not sure at all really and I'm being very hesitant about STEP as well because I've probably only got a 3, if I'm lucky :redface: Also I've just missed my A* so it seems like Warwick is just a dream, it always was though. :redface:
Reply 281
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm not sure at all really and I'm being very hesitant about STEP as well because I've probably only got a 3, if I'm lucky :redface: Also I've just missed my A* so it seems like Warwick is just a dream, it always was though. :redface:

Have you found out your grades already o_O
Original post by jarasta
Have you found out your grades already o_O

No, they're just my guesses
Reply 283
No, they're just my guesses

Aah, but you are biased, unless you have seen the mark-schemes and boundaries I would still be a bit hopeful.
I hadn't seen this thread before. I find it odd that I found it more difficult than STEP I and about as difficult as STEP III.
Original post by Rainingshame
I hadn't seen this thread before. I find it odd that I found it more difficult than STEP I and about as difficult as STEP III.

I didn't sit STEP III, but I found it more difficult than STEP I as well. Although i'm not looking forward to the grade boundaries for STEP I so I think I may have done better in this than STEP.
I didn't sit STEP III, but I found it more difficult than STEP I as well. Although i'm not looking forward to the grade boundaries for STEP I so I think I may have done better in this than STEP.

I Certainly haven't I did STEP I first and by the end of this exam I couldn't think properly.... I don't think I answered half of the last question and cocked up a few more... I'll probably get a Merit.
Reply 287
Aah just saw the grade boundaries. I may have just missed or gotten the Distinction, xD. Well this will be an interesting night.
Reply 288
I've got into Warwick wow, I'm really curious to see if I did get a distinction!
Original post by jarasta
I've got into Warwick wow, I'm really curious to see if I did get a distinction!

Congratulations! I'm pretty sure almost all of the people on TSR have gotten in as their STEP results are fantastic!
Reply 290
Congratulations! I'm pretty sure almost all of the people on TSR have gotten in as their STEP results are fantastic!

Have you checked your UCAS yet?
Reply 291
Original post by jarasta

PRSOM well done :smile:
Original post by jarasta
Have you checked your UCAS yet?

Yeah, I was unsuccessful but I always knew that would be the case, just got to be the best at Nottingham now :tongue:
Reply 293
Is there any way we can find out our actual mark in AEA?
I got a U in this like I thought I would :redface:
I got a U in this like I thought I would :redface:

I'm sorry to hear that Warwick was unsuccessful. Nottingham is still a fantastic university and so now you just have to make sure you do really well there :biggrin:.

How were your other A level results?
I'm sorry to hear that Warwick was unsuccessful. Nottingham is still a fantastic university and so now you just have to make sure you do really well there :biggrin:.

How were your other A level results?

Thanks, you do really well at Warwick too :biggrin: And I got A*AB so nothing close to the offer even though the B is 3 UMS off the A :redface:
Thanks, you do really well at Warwick too :biggrin: And I got A*AB so nothing close to the offer even though the B is 3 UMS off the A :redface:

Thanks. Well done on the A level results! I'm guessing the B is chemistry? If so, then given that you basically did the whole A level this year then that's pretty good :biggrin:.
Original post by jarasta

Well done on getting into Warwick! Did you get the distinction in the end :tongue:?
Thanks. Well done on the A level results! I'm guessing the B is chemistry? If so, then given that you basically did the whole A level this year then that's pretty good :biggrin:.

Thanks, I wouldn't say they're that impressive though and I was hoping for more but what's annoying about the Chemistry is if my coursework didn't get marked down I would've gotten the A* -.-

Quick Reply

Latest