Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm turning 18 in a couple of weeks - the dreaded transition into adulthood D: Any ideas of ways to celebrate your last week of childhood?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really celebrate it - just sulked about it on TSR (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2233764 :cool:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    I didn't really celebrate it - just sulked about it on TSR (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2233764 :cool:).
    Mhmm I can relate to that -.- Any suggestions of how to make the most of these precious last days?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Doctor-Who-.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  72.3 KB I might just take this and cross out 'little' and 'sometimes'...

ReputationRep:
    You won't feel as an adult as soon as you turn 18. You're in still college, right? If so, it feels no different from being 17 imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaug the Golden)
    I'm turning 18 in a couple of weeks - the dreaded transition into adulthood D: Any ideas of ways to celebrate your last week of childhood?
    you're about to enter the best years of your life and don't worry your childhood isn't over! I'm 19 and the other week me and my 5 uni friends all went to the park and had a blast!

Go out with all your friends and make it a night to remember (or not)

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and my childhood still isn't over :P

ReputationRep:
    my childhood will never be over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    you're about to enter the best years of your life and don't worry your childhood isn't over! I'm 19 and the other week me and my 5 uni friends all went to the park and had a blast!

Go out with all your friends and make it a night to remember (or not)
    That's reassuring I'm having a Peter Pan themed party with my friends (don't wanna grow up ofc haha) so I've just got to make sure it's a night to remember :'D

ReputationRep:
    ***** please. I'm turning 20 in a week. I'm no longer gonna be a teenager and I'm still effectively a child. I mean, I still laugh at bad penis jokes for Christ's sake! Growing older doesn't necessarily mean growing up

ReputationRep:
    It's not really your childhood though is it... I had a mini freak out towards the end of being 17, until I realised that my childhood had really phased out at least 5 years ago. Next week you will be te exact same person you are this week, nothing is going to change. Age is only what you make it - why does being 18 scare you? Do you think 18 year olds should be responsible adults with their lives sorted out? I assure you, they aren't. Most 18 year olds are the same as 16 year olds in that sense.

I personally see age in phases... Eg age 8-12 I felt the same, 12-15 felt the same, and 16-19 feels the same. In a month or so you'll realise you we're freakish out over nothing; this milestone doesn't really mean anything. Loads of older people have told me they dreaded their 30th/40th/50th birthdays as they just couldn't imagine themselves being 'that' old- but once they happened they realised that their age didn't define them at all - we only fear growing older because we fear change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    ***** please. I'm turning 20 in a week. I'm no longer gonna be a teenager and I'm still effectively a child. I mean, I still laugh at bad penis jokes for Christ's sake! Growing older doesn't necessarily mean growing up
    Haha new idol

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 22 this year & I still feel young at heart, my childhood will always be inside of me no matter how old I am :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Turning 18 felt no different to turning 16 for me :dontknow:. For some reason my upcoming 19th birthday feels like more of a milestone, though that's probably more to do with the fact that I'll be going Uni.

In other words, turning 18 is as big a deal as you'd like it to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumos)
    It's not really your childhood though is it... I had a mini freak out towards the end of being 17, until I realised that my childhood had really phased out at least 5 years ago. Next week you will be te exact same person you are this week, nothing is going to change. Age is only what you make it - why does being 18 scare you? Do you think 18 year olds should be responsible adults with their lives sorted out? I assure you, they aren't. Most 18 year olds are the same as 16 year olds in that sense.

I personally see age in phases... Eg age 8-12 I felt the same, 12-15 felt the same, and 16-19 feels the same. In a month or so you'll realise you we're freakish out over nothing; this milestone doesn't really mean anything. Loads of older people have told me they dreaded their 30th/40th/50th birthdays as they just couldn't imagine themselves being 'that' old- but once they happened they realised that their age didn't define them at all - we only fear growing older because we fear change.
    I think it's just the word 'responsible' that makes me shudder :P But I hope you're right (:

ReputationRep:
    Watch Spongebob

ReputationRep:
    It's my last evening of being a teenager :/

I had a "18 years young" birthday party where during the day we did alot of childish things then in the evening we had a mature dinner out

We had an Easter egg hunt in the park, we played "where's wally" in heathrow, on the way back we split into twos and had to get to the park first with an item which would contribute to lunch, random and fun and different!

ReputationRep:
    Haha new idol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z.Raymond)
    It's my last evening of being a teenager :/

I had a "18 years young" birthday party where during the day we did alot of childish things then in the evening we had a mature dinner out

We had an Easter egg hunt in the park, we played "where's wally" in heathrow, on the way back we split into twos and had to get to the park first with an item which would contribute to lunch, random and fun and different!
    That sounds awesome I love the "18 years young" idea - a way of celebrating without feeling that you have to grow up! Happy birthday for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    That sounds awesome I love the "18 years young" idea - a way of celebrating without feeling that you have to grow up! Happy birthday for tomorrow
    Yeah looking back at the picture is one of my favourite birthdays ever. Just not caring about how silly/childish you look then the transition in the evening to maturity :'D
    Thanks! And I hope you find something awesome to do!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.