The Student Room Group

Will they know I rejected them?

I applied for a course last year and got an offer. I rejected and accepted something else, but am having second thoughts.

Can I apply for a different course at the uni that I shot down without them knowing I had applied for another course last year? I know their heart was probably broken when I rejected their love, so I don't want be subject to rejection now that I have come crawling back...
Reply 1
Original post by bestofyou
I applied for a course last year and got an offer. I rejected and accepted something else, but am having second thoughts.

Can I apply for a different course at the uni that I shot down without them knowing I had applied for another course last year? I know their heart was probably broken when I rejected their love, so I don't want be subject to rejection now that I have come crawling back...

Even if they did remember, I don't think their allowed to hold grudges.:redface:
Reply 2
Original post by t-swiper
Even if they did remember, I don't think their allowed to hold grudges.:redface:

I do so much mean remember. It think they got that procedure like in the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. However can they check my UCAS history for example to see I had applied last year?
They will have you on record so they will know you applied to them before, but they're hardly going to hold a grudge against you for turning them down in the past, they look at each application on its own merit. They've got too many applicants to think about at any one time I doubt they will spend long reading anything into it.
Reply 4
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
They will have you on record so they will know you applied to them before, but they're hardly going to hold a grudge against you for turning them down in the past, they look at each application on its own merit. They've got too many applicants to think about at any one time I doubt they will spend long reading anything into it.

well it isn't so much that I rejected them, I was just trying to living up a hidiously boring thread.

My worry is that I applied for a different course. I don't want to have to waste a great deal of space in my PS explaining the change of heart before I even got a chance to study the course (I deferred to 2013)
well it isn't so much that I rejected them, I was just trying to living up a hidiously boring thread.

My worry is that I applied for a different course. I don't want to have to waste a great deal of space in my PS explaining the change of heart before I even got a chance to study the course (I deferred to 2013)

I really wouldn't worry about explaining yourself, universities know all to well that people change their minds about what they want to study and it's understandable, don't waste space on your PS talking about past applications. Your space is limited as it is so focus on why you now want to study the course you're applying for in this cycle.
Reply 6
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
I really wouldn't worry about explaining yourself, universities know all to well that people change their minds about what they want to study and it's understandable, don't waste space on your PS talking about past applications. Your space is limited as it is so focus on why you now want to study the course you're applying for in this cycle.

I'll have entered every UCAS cycle in the last 4 years and only twice for the same subject. This one and the last are related but not similar. Disadvantage?lol
I'll have entered every UCAS cycle in the last 4 years and only twice for the same subject. This one and the last are related but not similar. Disadvantage?lol

I can't see it being an issue :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending