Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I sleep with my best friend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    j/

ReputationRep:
    I've found this to be a wise life guiding phrase when it comes to relationships.

If you have to question it, it's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think you should wait and I don't normally try and project my views onto others. If you fancy your best friend and he fancies you, then I think that's different. If you wait for somebody you really fancy/love its likely to be a much better experience.

if you do you wont be friends after

ReputationRep:
    We have such a close friendship already, like really close. I think the fact I'm thinking of reasons to disagree with all these posts is because deep down I actually want to do it? I don't know, but I didn't really think of that til now.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. The fact that you're unsure is reason enough. I may be wrong, but I get a vibe that both you and him or one of you is feeling the pressure to 'get it out of the way'. There's no need to feel like that. The sex will probably be awkward considering your friendship, and your friendship itself might never really return to what it was. You've discussed ways to make it feel less cheap and like you're using each other, which suggests to me that you could very easily feel those things. And to be honest, you would be using each other. Being naked in front of someone who does not care for you in a romantic way takes a certain amount of confidence. And what if it hurts and you bleed? What if you want candles and cuddles and all that and he doesn't because he has no romantic attachment to you? People, and especially women, often develop feelings for people they have slept with. Even if they don't, they often struggle with the fact that their sex partner has no feelings for them. Say you have sex with this friend: what happens after? Is it a one-off? What if he never acknowledges it? That could be humiliating. You say that you want to have had sex before you sleep with someone you really like, but you might find that when you meet this special person you're glad you waited.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should because it sounds a win-win scenario.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds class. Sure why not.

ReputationRep:
    If you value your friendship with him, I'm gonna advise that you DON'T have sex with him. Coz when you do, believe me, things are not gonna be the same. But hey! its your choice.

ReputationRep:
    Do it.

What's the worst that could happen? A bit of awkwardness? As long as neither of you is secretly in love with the other then it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MannyJayking)
    If you value your friendship with him, I'm gonna advise that you DON'T have sex with him. Coz when you do, believe me, things are not gonna be the same. But hey! its your choice.
    Only if...

(Original post by Steevee)
    ... [one] of you is secretly in love with the other then it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    If you fancy him then go for it but it seems silly to lose it with someone you don't fancy just for the sake of it. I get that you want to cos you trust him and such but I'm not sure how enjoyable sex can be with someone you're not actually attracted to?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do it unless you both have some underlying sexual or secret romantic attraction to each other. It will make things messy. Especially if one person values it more than the other. Don't do it just to get it out the way. I mean, after, is this just going to become a new habit? What if he wants to do it again and you don't? What if one of you get attached? Just think about it. I can understand though, I have a mega close friendship and in a way, it wouldn't really seem like a big deal to have sex with each other, but personally I wouldn't do it unless you are both committed to something more than what you have, even if it is in secret. You will regret it if there is no real emotional attachment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i bet if you finally agree that your friend would be like

"thank you god"

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  6.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    How can you sleep with someone who doesn't turn you on? That wouldn't be enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    Shame on you kok blockers. Help a fellow lad out and be a good wingman.

In regards to the question, yes I think you should.

ReputationRep:
    Wait for someone else. It's better to risk feeling cheap than risk ruining a friendship.

do it, people on here wanna cockblock your friend, nonsense

ReputationRep:
    Try a snog, if you haven't already, and see what happens..

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it...when you lose your virginity, do it with someone tottally random and hot because if you don't....you'll end up getting married to this friend of yours or you'll lose him forever and your heart will be broken forever. Life is too short to stay hooked without variety, go crazy!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.