Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am looking at a few Master's programmes in Finance and I found some interesting ones.

I am not from the UK and, as I couldn't find any info on this issue on the universities' websites, I thought maybe you could help me. The idea is that I find several programmes interesting. For example Finance on the one hand and Accounting and Finance on the other, both at the same university.

My question is whether I can apply at both programmes in order to better my chances to get an offer for either or this doesn't make sense at all because, if I were to not get an offer for the first, I would definitely not get one for the other. I couldn't find info on the Uni's website and probably it would get some time until I would get an answer from them.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the university. A lot of universities give you the possibility to select first and second choice when applying, so that's a pretty good idea. Especially if one is a lot more competitive than the other.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, HelicopterBen!

I was able to apply to more than one program eventually, and I am starting to get offers from different universities.

However, no I am unsure about which way to go (I'm not particularly attached to any one location), so I would appreciate it if you could tell me what would you choose from:

York - Msc in Finance
    York - Msc in Project Analysis, Finance and Investment

Glasgow - Msc in International Finance
    Glasgow - Msc in Investment Banking and Finance
    Glasgow - Msc Financial Risk Management
    Glasgow - Msc Investment Fund Management

Liverpool - Msc in Finance

King's College - Msc Accounting, Accountability & Financial Management

Royal Holloway - Msc in Finance

I see York is generally better rated, King's has the advantage of being in London (just as RH), but it's the most expensive of the 5 and it's leaning more towards accounting. I also like the many possibilities in Glasgow, but how good is the uni, really? Is Liverpool any good? I have to make a decision and not really sure which way to go. Should I go for the best Uni (whichever that may be) or for the program? What do you think would give me the best chance at finding a job in IB afterwards? Could you rank the first 3 programs you would choose?

Thanks in advance!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.