The Student Room Group

Applications for Master Programmes

Hi! I am looking at a few Master's programmes in Finance and I found some interesting ones.

I am not from the UK and, as I couldn't find any info on this issue on the universities' websites, I thought maybe you could help me. The idea is that I find several programmes interesting. For example Finance on the one hand and Accounting and Finance on the other, both at the same university.

My question is whether I can apply at both programmes in order to better my chances to get an offer for either or this doesn't make sense at all because, if I were to not get an offer for the first, I would definitely not get one for the other. I couldn't find info on the Uni's website and probably it would get some time until I would get an answer from them.
It depends on the university. A lot of universities give you the possibility to select first and second choice when applying, so that's a pretty good idea. Especially if one is a lot more competitive than the other.
Reply 2
Thank you, HelicopterBen!

I was able to apply to more than one program eventually, and I am starting to get offers from different universities.

However, no I am unsure about which way to go (I'm not particularly attached to any one location), so I would appreciate it if you could tell me what would you choose from:

York - Msc in Finance
York - Msc in Project Analysis, Finance and Investment

Glasgow - Msc in International Finance
Glasgow - Msc in Investment Banking and Finance
Glasgow - Msc Financial Risk Management
Glasgow - Msc Investment Fund Management

Liverpool - Msc in Finance

King's College - Msc Accounting, Accountability & Financial Management

Royal Holloway - Msc in Finance

I see York is generally better rated, King's has the advantage of being in London (just as RH), but it's the most expensive of the 5 and it's leaning more towards accounting. I also like the many possibilities in Glasgow, but how good is the uni, really? Is Liverpool any good? I have to make a decision and not really sure which way to go. Should I go for the best Uni (whichever that may be) or for the program? What do you think would give me the best chance at finding a job in IB afterwards? Could you rank the first 3 programs you would choose?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending