The Student Room Group

Where could these A-level subjects take me?

I'm taking Maths, Physics, English Language and History next year.

I was wondering what options will become available for me after taking these subjects. What will I be able to study at university? What jobs could I get with A-levels in these subjects? I'm aware that I won't be able to study medicine, but I'm not interested in that.

And no, I will not switch English Language to English Literature.

Thanks. :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by Meganekko

I was wondering what options will become available for me after taking these subjects. What will I be able to study at university? What jobs could I get with A-levels in these subjects? I'm aware that I won't be able to study medicine, but I'm not interested in that.

You'll be able to study English Language or History for definite. Other courses such as Philosophy and Politics will also be able to be studied.

If you look at the Oxford prospectus of their courses, all their essential, desired and helpful A-Levels are provided. You can then see roughly which other courses you'd be enabled to study, as this is the general criteria other good universities use.

Prospectus: http://d3upfpng8piaqj.cloudfront.net/OU_2014_Courses.pdf

Im in a bit of cba mood so I'll just list 'em if that's alright with you? Yeah? Good.

Courses:

History
Some physics courses
Some engineering courses

Ancient History
Journalism

Film
Creative Writing

Education
Law
Anthropology
International Relations
Politics
Economics
Psychology
Sociology

Those in italics are more directly related to your a levels
Reply 3

Have a look here: http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/media/informed-choices/InformedChoices-latest.pdf

Scroll down to "Subjects required for different career courses" to get an idea of what sorts of uni courses you can do with those subjects. :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you all! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest