Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Is it better to start revising for all subjects at the start of your revision or change subjects as you get closer to their exams?
    E.g. Week 1: PSCHE, Spanish
    Week 2: PSCHE, Spanish, Business, History, ICT

Also, is it better to cover two subjects in a day and do nothing but a half hour recap on them for the rest of the week or do 1 hour sessions of each subject spaced out during the week?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    im not the best example, but I sat all my 9 gcse science exams in June of year 11 so spent my easter revising for science
    did NO maths or english revision
    I did Geography, Food tech, french and german as the exams approached

Not a good idea, but I couldnt work around 27ish exams or whatever is was and geo/food tech was just memorising, french and german are kind of acquired over time so I felt cramming wouldnt help (except vocab)

I'd definitely work with all your subjects 2-3 a day and focus on them well.

Which other subjects do you do or it is just those 5? you should be able to amange them well.

ReputationRep:
    I have 13 exams between 13th May and 19th June.

In chronological order:
    May-
    PSCHE LOW PRIORITY
    Spanish Listening & Reading (Separate but same time) HIGH
    English Lit Unit 1 HIGH
    Physics MEDIUM
    English Lit Unit 2 HIGH
    Business Studies MEDIUM
    June-
    History A1 MEDIUM
    AS ICT HIGH
    Biology MEDIUM
    Chemistry MEDIUM
    Philosophy & Ethics MEDIUM
    History A3 HIGH

I'm just wondering whether I should start revising everything by priority or date. I like the 2-3 subjects a day idea, especially since I have the whole holiday now but not sure which ones to revise first. As of now im revising whatever i want, Spanish today acc.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelani)
    I have 13 exams between 13th May and 19th June.

In chronological order:
    May-
    PSCHE LOW PRIORITY
    Spanish Listening & Reading (Separate but same time) HIGH
    English Lit Unit 1 HIGH
    Physics MEDIUM
    English Lit Unit 2 HIGH
    Business Studies MEDIUM
    June-
    History A1 MEDIUM
    AS ICT HIGH
    Biology MEDIUM
    Chemistry MEDIUM
    Philosophy & Ethics MEDIUM
    History A3 HIGH

I'm just wondering whether I should start revising everything by priority or date. I like the 2-3 subjects a day idea, especially since I have the whole holiday now but not sure which ones to revise first. As of now im revising whatever i want, Spanish today acc.
    You should only prioritise by date about 1-2 weeks before your exams. Considering that your exams are 6 weeks away, maybe focus on the topics you don't know so well.

ReputationRep:
    That is good advice thank you. Ill try that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tried that but cant sit still on one subject for two hours, most of that time ends up being a waste so today i am trying 6 subjects at 1 hour each

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent.)
    You should only prioritise by date about 1-2 weeks before your exams. Considering that your exams are 6 weeks away, maybe focus on the topics you don't know so well.
    I think if I think this it'll reassure me as I am panicking so much already and my first exam is in three weeks and last exam on the 20th of June.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I made a revision timetable for this easter but I haven't really kept to it - I just make a list of what I'm going to do everyday and I get it done
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdoyle)
    I think if I think this it'll reassure me as I am panicking so much already and my first exam is in three weeks and last exam on the 20th of June.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Yup. Don't panic, just juggle your subjects accordingly and you should be fine. It feels like such a long time ago, but when I sat my GCSEs, I used to allocate each day for a certain broad subject. Just to give an example:

Monday/Tuesday - (English)
    So I'd go over English lit, english lang, r.s and history over that two day period.

Weds - (Science)
    Science and maths

Then I'd throw in my languages / D.T / geo in the midst of that.

Its really important that you go over the content of around 2-4 of your GCSEs everyday. Plus it'll keep you stimulated.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I've re-made a revision timetable and although it took a little longer to plan out, it's kept me more motivated throughout Easter. I've added topics to each subject now so I know what I need to get through. I know that if I don't do them, I'll get behind and make everything worse. It helps me to visually see how much I've done, and I just find it so much more organised. I've not fully filled it out until the exams, but once I've got through every topic once, I'll then plan to focus more on the ones I find the trickiest. I think then nearer the exam I'll just have the subject and date and try to go over everything (so nothing escapes my memory.)

ReputationRep:
    If you have an iPhone, or even an iPad/iPod, then the app 'MyStudyPlan' is really useful, you tell the app which exams you have, when you have them, how many hours a day you are free to study, then most importantly the priority of the exam, from that information it formulates a study plan for you! I'm not sure if it's available on other platforms, but it's worth a try!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.