The Student Room Group

OCR A2 ICT G063 exam - 11 June 2013

Not sure whether it's too early to make this thread...who else is sitting the OCR A2 ICT exam this summer?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
its so hard, this unit is so boring as well. I have a question, does anybody have the January 2013 paper for ict please??? :colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by Ashleyd
I am man, SO scared for it as i have to sit the AS one too :frown:!
I'm trying to do both exams this year, my coursework for A2 Is around an A / B, do you think that it's possible to secure a C overall :frown:

I'm sure it's possible :smile: what did you get for your AS c/w..?

Original post by annoymous17
its so hard, this unit is so boring as well. I have a question, does anybody have the January 2013 paper for ict please??? :colondollar:

I know what you mean, I think it's hard to revise BECAUSE its boring lol. I can't seem to find Jan 2013 either, I'll post the link if I find it:smile:

Does anyone know if the spec for G063 has changed much since 2012..? I'm re-sitting this as an external candidate and don't think OCR haven't posted the spec for this year on their website :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Ashleyd
See i've opted to do both exams and the A2 coursework this year, so i haven't done the coursework at AS Level. I just really need a C man :frown:

Ah ok. I still think its possible...if you manage to get an A in your A2 c/w, you'll need solid B's in your exams to secure a C (I think). An A is 64/80 for the c/w, so you'll need 176 more marks in total to get a C..so split that into two exams and that makes it 88/120 in each exam. I use this btw: http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce

I hope I've worked that out right lol :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Shiit man! the exams seem really hard :frown: Don't know if im capable of 2 b's :frown:
what do you use to revise mate?

Thanks alot for the help man
Reply 5
Original post by Ashleyd
Shiit man! the exams seem really hard :frown: Don't know if im capable of 2 b's :frown:
what do you use to revise mate?

Thanks alot for the help man

No problem :smile: I use my own notes based on the book from OCR, and also the Teach Ict website is pretty useful.

...btw maybe you should double check those grades I worked out in case I'm wrong :tongue: but I'm pretty sure that's right, and I bet you'll get your C tho :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Have you already sat this exam man? would you say that the book is better then the website ?

Ahh i really hope so man!

What are you hoping to get mate?
Reply 7
Original post by Ashleyd
Have you already sat this exam man? would you say that the book is better then the website ?

Ahh i really hope so man!

What are you hoping to get mate?

Yeah I sat it last year and got a B in it, hoping to bump it up to an A..

Tbh I think the website is better at explaining things but the book is endorsed by OCR and the website isn't, so I'm not sure whether the website is 100% reliable. If I get stuck on anything in the book I go to the website.
Reply 8
Ahh man that's soo good! Well done i'm sure you'll get that A!
i've just started revising from the book, only the second chapter now! Do you think i'll have enough time to revise the other 4 before June :/ :frown:
Reply 9
Cheers, hope so :smile: yeah I'm only on the second one too, just keep revising from now and you should have enough time.
Reply 10
Alright mate that's cool man!
What's the AS exam like?
What uni are you looking to go to mate?
Reply 11
Original post by Ashleyd
Alright mate that's cool man!
What's the AS exam like?
What uni are you looking to go to mate?

Nottingham Trent - how about you? :smile:
The AS exam wasn't too bad tbh, just a lot of memorising like A2 (but easier lol).
Reply 12
Chesters my first choice
then nottingham trent is my 2nd! haha

Ooo i see i see! ahh hopefully i do ok :biggrin:
sorry guys just wondering if anyone has or can post the January 2013 ICT paper for G063! :frown: I really need it pleaseeeeeee
Original post by Anon217
I'm sure it's possible :smile: what did you get for your AS c/w..?

I know what you mean, I think it's hard to revise BECAUSE its boring lol. I can't seem to find Jan 2013 either, I'll post the link if I find it:smile:

Does anyone know if the spec for G063 has changed much since 2012..? I'm re-sitting this as an external candidate and don't think OCR haven't posted the spec for this year on their website :confused:

exactly! have you found it anywhere?? :frown: .. nah I don't think the spec has changed really .. just the book
Reply 15
Original post by annoymous17
exactly! have you found it anywhere?? :frown: .. nah I don't think the spec has changed really .. just the book

Nope not yet :s-smilie: thanks..yeah I found out from another thread that it hasn't, in fact the latest spec on the website is for this year onwards :smile: do you know if the book has changed a lot..? I'm still using the old one I think...

I'll keep looking for the Jan 13 paper btw.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Anyone else doing this exam..? :smile:
I am doing some ICT research for my Unit 2 topic.
Was just wondering how good this forum is for sharing information between each other?
Reply 18
Any one have any revision notes they would like to share???
Hi there, I'm taking this exam too alongside the AS!

Quick Reply

Latest