Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to prepare for a nightclub? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You don't prepare for a nightclub; If done right, the nightclub prepares for you.

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I was in a nightclub in England we played 'tag' on the dancefloor - there are so many obstacles and the floor can be slippery from spilt drinks etc. Lights are flashing too so you may not always recognize the right person you are trying to catch, though usually they should have a flashing red light on one of their shoulders.

It's great fun compared to dancing awkwardly with some complete stranger who you will probably never (want to) see again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysasking)
    Great tips my friend.
    I'd also recommend finding out where the toilet is as soon as you go in. If you get caught short when you're pissed and don't know where the toilet is things could go badly.

What sort of club are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    I love how everyone is telling me to avoid trainers but not tell me what shoes I should wear lol. Yeah, whenever I speak to girls I prefer to be calm and collected, I just don't pick the good girls from the bad ones :/
    go for smart shoes, any formal/black shoes you have. (lol this totally reminds me of the inbetweeners episode when he has to swap shoes with a tramp)
    as for telling good girls from the bad, i doubt you really will when drunk in club lol. have fun!

ReputationRep:
    How much money just depends on how much you want to drink while you are there :P I always end up spending 40-50, but most I know usually take 30. The nights I go to don't have high dress codes, but I still wouldn't go with white trainers, not if you want them to still be white by the end of the night with the amount of **** that gets spilt and your feet stood on

ReputationRep:
    What would you wear instead of white trainers?
    Some casual shoes, like vans or fred prerrys etc - not white ones though. Trainers look terrible with jeans anyway. You could wear black shoes as a worst case scenario, I would try and avoid that though but it's not a big deal if you did - other people will be wearing them and nobody is looking at your shoes when you get in. Just bear in mind they'll most likely get trampled on by other people, so don't wear anything too expensive.

Also, as people have mentioned try and get on the guestlist - contact the event or something and tell them it's your birthday, they'll most likely give you some kind of deal with reduced entry/a table/free drinks etc.

And yeah, drink loads of water before you go to bed - it'll reduce the hangover the next morning massively.

Have a good one!

ReputationRep:
    I love how everyone is telling me to avoid trainers but not tell me what shoes I should wear lol. Yeah, whenever I speak to girls I prefer to be calm and collected, I just don't pick the good girls from the bad ones :/
    What shoes have you got? Black tend to be OK, some clubs don't like Rockport/Timberland boots either so as PP suggested, check out their site for a dress code if you're worried

ReputationRep:
    White Trainers are a big no no especially in a club as they can look a bit chavy, they'll also glow in the ultra violet light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LISSEY)
    White Trainers are a big no no especially in a club as they can look a bit chavy, they'll also glow in the ultra violet light.
    I see pictures of women with white dresses though?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, avoid timberland boot type shoes too as they may not be allowed.

ReputationRep:
    That's a lot of information I really appreciate! I actually live at home still However, I will be in University at the end of September which is so promising .

Have you ever made any friends from a club or is that just the place to kiss people and generally have a good time?
    My current best friend I actually met at a bar but that was because she was friends with a friend of mine. No i've never made any friends really, most people you tend to forget about or don't see again unless you exchange numbers but most of the people who go clubbing are their to hook up/ dance the night away or have a really good time so not much friend making occurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gummibear)
    What shoes have you got? Black tend to be OK, some clubs don't like Rockport/Timberland boots either so as PP suggested, check out their site for a dress code if you're worried
    The closest to black shoes I've got is school shoes lol I'll start shopping

ReputationRep:
    white dresses are fine. White trainers will get ruined

ReputationRep:
    Pre-drink, take a coat for after and don't upset the bouncer.

You're set.

Happy Birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore all the people saying wear a coat.

Unless you want to give the impression you're some kind of homosexual then stay away from coats on nights out. You're 18, you're a man now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    My current best friend I actually met at a bar but that was because she was friends with a friend of mine. No i've never made any friends really, most people you tend to forget about or don't see again unless you exchange numbers but most of the people who go clubbing are their to hook up/ dance the night away or have a really good time so not much friend making occurs.
    Yeah bars seem to be much more relaxed so it's probably easierto meet people there iisn't it? Clubs are the place where you will forget the night but it will be memorable lol if that makes any sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    I'd also recommend finding out where the toilet is as soon as you go in. If you get caught short when you're pissed and don't know where the toilet is things could go badly.

What sort of club are you going to?
    That's true and just a nightclub that normal people go to? Loud music, wasted people and strict bouncers lol

ReputationRep:
    Dresses are OK but trainers are different. Girls like a guy in shoes when out clubbing as it looks like he's made an effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waterstorm)
    Oh yeah, avoid timberland boot type shoes too as they may not be allowed.
    So much just for one night is mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    Ignore all the people saying wear a coat.

Unless you want to give the impression you're some kind of homosexual then stay away from coats on nights out. You're 18, you're a man now.
    No

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.