Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am in my first year of university, I started off with Criminology and Psychology. Soon into the course, I realized that I had had enough of psychology after A level and wanted to drop it.

I am studying through the OU and rang to see if I can change my degree into Criminology and Law. Unfortunately that was not offered so I was given chance to either do the open degree or do a Law degree.

I am now confused as what to choose. Can someone advice me on the advantages and disadvantages of all especially an open degree?
    My heart is split between changing it into law or criminology , i just can't decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffeegirl)
    I am in my first year of university, I started off with Criminology and Psychology. Soon into the course, I realized that I had had enough of psychology after A level and wanted to drop it.

I am studying through the OU and rang to see if I can change my degree into Criminology and Law. Unfortunately that was not offered so I was given chance to either do the open degree or do a Law degree.

I am now confused as what to choose. Can someone advice me on the advantages and disadvantages of all especially an open degree?
    My heart is split between changing it into law or criminology , i just can't decide
    You could study Criminology at degree level. If you then decided you wanted to work in a legal capacity, you'd have to do a Graduate Diploma in Law - which is the same core modules on a law degree.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.