Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Non-Muslim Loughborough teenagers in court on terrorism charges Watch

ReputationRep:
    Three Loughborough teenagers accused of plotting terror attacks using pipe bombs today appeared at the Old Bailey. The youths, who are believed to be right-wing extremists, had already partly assembled the explosives when they were arrested in February this year. One of them was allegedly found with a stash of components for pipe bombs, firework powder, a stab vest, a gas mash, three .22 air rifles, a crossbow and The Mujahideen Poisons Handbook. It is claimed he also had 'a notebook containing information about the planning of attacks and the construction of explosive devices'.
    http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...#axzz2OyC1DqJs

ReputationRep:
    How funny you linked the muslims to this even though they are not related. Why don't you say "Non-White Loughborough teenagers in court on terrorism charges" or " Non-TSRian Loughborough teenagers in court on terrorism charges"?

ReputationRep:
    You're really not doing yourself any favours by highlighting that the act of terrorism was NOT carried out by a Muslim. Basically what you're highlighting is that acts of terrorism planned/carried out by non-Muslims are isolated.

Anyway it doesn't matter, most people aren't accusing Islam specifically as being the cause of terrorism but religion in general. Islam is the most extremist religion in the West so it happens to have the most terrorists. I'm sure those right wing extremist were Christian/religious in some way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    You're really not doing yourself any favours by highlighting that the act of terrorism was NOT carried out by a Muslim. Basically what you're highlighting is that acts of terrorism planned/carried out by non-Muslims are isolated.

Anyway it doesn't matter, most people aren't accusing Islam specifically as being the cause of terrorism but religion in general. Islam is the most extremist religion in the West so it happens to have the most terrorists. I'm sure those right wing extremist were Christian/religious in some way.
    No, it's Islam specifically.

Mujahideen poison handbook...Mashallah brothers, good to see you guys writing books instead of burning them. Perhaps a tamer subject next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    No, it's Islam specifically.

Mujahideen poison handbook...Mashallah brothers, good to see you guys writing books instead of burning them. Perhaps a tamer subject next time.
    It is Islam specifically because the vast majority of religious extremists in this country are Muslim. It's not because Islam in itself is a worse religion than any of the others (although I'm sure some people do believe that).

ReputationRep:
    There are quite a lot of BNP types in Loughborough. You're either a student or a member of the BNP it seems :lol: Always confused me given the huge numbers of foreign students at the university.

That's about all I have to say on the matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    How funny you linked the muslims to this even though they are not related. Why don't you say "Non-White Loughborough teenagers in court on terrorism charges" or " Non-TSRian Loughborough teenagers in court on terrorism charges"?
    Why would I label them ''non-White''? They were believed to be right-wing, hardly going to be Black or Asian are they?

(Original post by Dragonfly07)

I decided to highlight it because religion always seems to be relevant when Muslims are involved (in whatever crime from fraud to murder). I should have mentioned the word Christian rather than non-Muslim though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.