Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was this her idea of making it a (casual) date? Watch

So I met this girl at Uni and we became friends. Added her on fb the same day later and she messaged me to say thanks for the add. From there, we was speaking all week and we get along really well. I then suggest we hang out, so we did. Didn't say it was a date or anything tbh

We met and we both had a really good time. She gave her number so I speak to her via text now. But yeah, we were just speaking casually; at one point we was looking for a nearby park but got a bit er.. lost so she used her GPS on her phone to which I was touching her hands when I was using her phone to input the postcode of the place we was looking for; she didn't back away or anything.

Eventually, since it was getting cold, I suggested we go inside Morrison's as it was nearby. We got in, and as we walked past she stopped and said to me ''Hey er do you want to go for a coffee?''

Not only that but she also insisted in paying for me and refused to accept me paying for my half so I just accepted it to make her happy.

At the end of it, I dropped her off at her bus stop so she could go home and gave her a hug before she left to which she was delighted about.

But yeah, is asking someone for a coffee and paying for them considered a casual date? Sorry if the question sounds... dumb lol :P

ReputationRep:
    I swear every time someone makes one of these threads....

She likes you. It wasn't a date but she's interested. Ask her out.

(Original post by Miss...)
    I swear every time someone makes one of these threads....

She likes you. It wasn't a date but she's interested. Ask her out.
    Huh? Is this a common question, if so sorry about that! :P

But yeah thanks

ReputationRep:
    A very common query.

Worryingly common, You'd have thought it was obvious, or is that just me.

She likes you. Ask her out.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she likes you, go on a few more dates first them ask her out. Don't ask her out too quick get to know her a bit first

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.