Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which TV shows do you think are overrated?

I've just finished the first season of Mad Men and whilst it's pretty good, I don't think it is worth all the acclaim it seems to receive, maybe it will get better as I move on...

Also dislike Big Bang Theory, Sheldon Cooper drives me insane.

ReputationRep:
    X Factor for sure.

Also, Big Bang Theory & How I met your mother. Just somehow haven't got into watching these shows at all, I just don't find it funny.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't stand Downton Abbey. Just found the plots really boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorttstuff)
    X Factor for sure.
    Agreed :yy:

ReputationRep:
    The office - sorry but I hate Ricky Gervais.

ReputationRep:
    Miranda and I agree with the Big Bang Theory. Just because you have a pre-recorded laugh does not make it funny,

ReputationRep:
    Anything with Jimmy Carr init hes a prat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Miranda
    so with you on this! My housemates love it, but it's horrendous!

ReputationRep:
    South Park.

I don't understand why people like it. It's been on for so many years; it's just irritating! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Friends, its supposed to be this amazing tv series and i hate it so badly! Big bang theory also, most E4 shows really...

ReputationRep:
    Talent shows, The Big Bang Theory and Celebrity Juice.

ReputationRep:
    With the exception of Friends, pretty much every sitcom with the unnecessary annoying laughter thrown about everywhere.

Edit: And Family Guy. It really grinds my gears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss...)
    south park.

I don't understand why people like it. It's been on for so many years; it's just irritating! :mad:
    omg this!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Mad Men. My ex-boyfriend was obsessed by it and I know loads of other people who are too. I mean, its ok. Its not a bad show. I love the sixties fashion and I do like Jon Hamm as an actor and generally the character of Don, but the story-lines are often a little thin and the episodes too short to be juicy. Also, January Jones is very annoying.

I also have to say Doctor Who. Now, hear me out. Some episodes are very good. And David Tenant and Matt Smith are both excellent as the doctor. However, sometimes the ideas are just a little too ridiculous, like there hasn't been much thought put into the scriptwriting.

ReputationRep:
    Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, I'm just not one for "adult cartoons". I also don't like most sitcoms, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two And A Half Men. With the exception of F.r.i.e.n.d.s, which is and always will be my favorite of all time.

ReputationRep:
    I have never understood how the Big Bang Theory remains popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorttstuff)
    X Factor for sure.

Also, Big Bang Theory & How I met your mother. Just somehow haven't got into watching these shows at all, I just don't find it funny.
    Didn't realise it was rated in the first place?

Anyway I'd say Prison Break. The first season is really good, but after that it's just ****, and a show with only one good season out of four can't be considered great.

I'd also say Homeland. I like it, and the Golden Globe wins for Claire Danes and Damian Lewis are definitely deserved, but the fact that it's won Best Drama two years in a row is a bit :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    I agree with the Big Bang Theory. Just because you have a pre-recorded laugh does not make it funny,

Live studio audience btw... I love bbt ,

Agree with the office though, hate Ricky gervais...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Which TV shows do you think are overrated?

I've just finished the first season of Mad Men and whilst it's pretty good, I don't think it is worth all the acclaim it seems to receive, maybe it will get better as I move on...

Also dislike Big Bang Theory, Sheldon Cooper drives me insane.

I'd list shows like Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, etc.

But they're not really overrated.

They're just plain bad. People that praise them are objectively wrong and their opinions are void.

ReputationRep:
    Friends

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.