Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Keith Lemons celebrity juice fo sho

ReputationRep:
    miranda, shes almost trying too hard to be funny... everyone i know loves it but i just dont get it

ReputationRep:
    Big Bang Theory comical aspect seems was to cheesey and Americanised to me. Ill stick to watching Heros (old i know, but brilliant)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory are two TV shows which stand out as being particularly overrated for me. Honourable mentions to How I met your mother and two and a half men.

Are you serious? You do realise the show is written so you're laughing at the "nerds", not with them, right? It's badly written with crass jokes, stereotypical boring characters and basic science references which makes people think the show is somehow clever, and that they themselves are too for getting a joke about science. The epitome of a crappy, overrated sitcom.
    Nah; I just wanted to wind a few people up.

Seriously though, what is the big issue with TBBT? I have no clue why it's hated so much in certain corners of the internet. I don't think it was ever intended to be show of the century but it's easy viewing and delivers a few laughs now and then. What are you expecting?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Big Bang Theory, Top Gear, Family Guy and Doctor Who.

ReputationRep:
    The thing with American shows is they don't know when to quit.

ReputationRep:
    All american comedy sucks balls, more so if it has fake laughter tracks. ( the americans love them though, probabley because they are too simple to know when something is a joke or not)

All talent shows, same **** different name. They also drag them out way to long, and pretty much take over the channel all day for months.

Reality TV, if it be big brother or 'TOWIE' they should all just die in a hole.

I enjoy some game shows, dont go out my way to watch them mind.

Soaps upset me because its sickening that people watch such ****é avidly.

ReputationRep:
    Dr Who

Simple fact is that Dr Who with his super powers can stop all evil that is going to happen within 2 mins of the episode. He doesnt have to wait till the end after a few deaths to solve the problem.

He has the power to stop it happening right at the start.

Sorry to have ruined it for you. Its a rubbish kids progarmme anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zz_)
    Nah; I just wanted to wind a few people up.

Seriously though, what is the big issue with TBBT? I have no clue why it's hated so much in certain corners of the internet. I don't think it was ever intended to be show of the century but it's easy viewing and delivers a few laughs now and then. What are you expecting?
    Personally, I feel it's because the show gets far too much credit when virtually none is due. Plus, because it's somewhat science based, when the show is criticised the defence of fans is often (like you demonstrated, not sure if seriously or not): "blah blah it's so clever you just don't get it."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReuyJ)
    All american comedy sucks balls, more so if it has fake laughter tracks. ( the americans love them though, probabley because they are too simple to know when something is a joke or not)
    Agree with second part, except the example of fresh prince, and maybe some older comedies, but nowadays they're meh.

First part though, cannot agree with. Some like Community and Scrubs I just love to bits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desijut)
    Agree with second part, except the example of fresh prince, and maybe some older comedies, but nowadays they're meh.

First part though, cannot agree with. Some like Community and Scrubs I just love to bits
    Fair comment community is watchable, I can watch scrubs a little. It was a more a comment to generalise because there is way to mamy shows to meantion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReuyJ)
    The only American comedy I enjoy is 'The New Normal', and that's largely because it's so far from a typical American comedy show (two gay protagonists, black woman in position of power, no laugh track and 'bare' effects).

ReputationRep:
    I'd say American comedy right now is better than British, by quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Which TV shows do you think are overrated?

I've just finished the first season of Mad Men and whilst it's pretty good, I don't think it is worth all the acclaim it seems to receive, maybe it will get better as I move on...

Also dislike Big Bang Theory, Sheldon Cooper drives me insane.
    Name:  l.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  14.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    Made In Chelsea, Only Way is Essex, Jersey Shore.

Same **** different day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReuyJ)
    Fair comment community is watchable, I can watch scrubs a little. It was a more a comment to generalise because there is way to mamy shows to meantion.
    It's mainly the ones with laugh tracks that i have a problem with. It's as if it's trying to say, "Let me just tell you where the joke is because you just may be too stupid to get it".

But even so, shows like Big Bang Theory and HIMYM can be funny now and again but for some quality comedy, they still have their fair share.

ReputationRep:
    Modern Family. It's a great show that I enjoy watching, but I don't think it deserves the amount of awards success it's been getting.

Also Two and a Half Men and Community. Not funny at all.

ReputationRep:
    Game of thrones, all they do is have a long drawn out plot with sex every 10 minutes. Well for season 1 anyway, wonder what season 3 is like, if its any better let me know.

(Original post by Motorbiker)
    This. There are uni level science jokes all the time.
    Actually that was the reason I liked it more than I do now. Since the first few seasons there have been less and less science jokes and more pop culture references which is kind of sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K the Failure)
    Actually that was the reason I liked it more than I do now. Since the first few seasons there have been less and less science jokes and more pop culture references which is kind of sad
    Yea, I was watching the new episode yesterday and I realized there is never any science jokes anymore.

There are a few stupid jokes repeatedly and that's it.
    Sheldon is rude and asexual.
    Howard is stupid.
    Penny is hot.
    Rajesh can't talk to girls.

That sums up 99% of the jokes Tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.