Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've been doing a lot of reading on the topic for an essay, but I am slightly confused! Are the 2 terms interchangeable?!
    As far as I have gathered multiple trauma just means injury to more than one system, but isn't necessarily major trauma....? Or have i got this all wrong?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost_Cause)
    Hi,
    I've been doing a lot of reading on the topic for an essay, but I am slightly confused! Are the 2 terms interchangeable?!
    As far as I have gathered multiple trauma just means injury to more than one system, but isn't necessarily major trauma....? Or have i got this all wrong?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Well according to crash course, in the context of surgery, 'trauma' refers to either multiple trauma or major localised trauma and forces you to undergo the AcBCDE emergency assessment protocol - so they will be managed in the same sort of way. (at least that's what I understand anyway) not sure if that helps at all? I think it's just that both types are life / limb threatening

ReputationRep:
    They're both the same. Major trauma, polytrauma etc. Major trauma is the 'used' word though to describe the new speciality

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.