Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading somewhere that teaching someone else about a topic often helps with remembering it. With this in mind, I've decided to try and answer people's questions regarding GCSE sciences (preferably AQA p2/p3, b2/b3 and c2/c3). If anybody has any questions about the topics, leave a response or PM and I'll try to construct as good of an answer as possible. Perhaps even PM me a Skype name and I may even consider a brief tutor-like session. I am only a student, however, so might not be on par with other sources, but I'd like to think this idea is mutually benificial!

ReputationRep:
    Actually a really helpful idea!

Uhh guess I'll go with Biology. What are the names and functions of the different parts of the digestive system?

ReputationRep:
    Sure, I'm gonna offer any help mainly on the unit 3s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilt)
    Actually a really helpful idea!

Uhh guess I'll go with Biology. What are the names and functions of the different parts of the digestive system?
    Okay, from memory:
    -The pancreas and salivary glands are used to produce 'digestive juices'.
    -The stomach and small intestine are used for digestion.
    -The liver produces bile to aid digestion
    -The large intestine is used for water is absorbed from undigested food, making faeces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HesitantCicada)
    Okay, from memory:
    -The pancreas and salivary glands are used to produce 'digestive juices'.
    -The stomach and small intestine are used for digestion.
    -The liver produces bile to aid digestion
    -The large intestine is used for water is absorbed from undigested food, making faeces
    As far as I remember the bile bit is a bit vague, it is an alkali substance so that it neutralises the acidity of food entering the small intestine. Did b2 like a year ago so I might be wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    would revision of 6 weeks be enough to master b2, c2 & p2 -90-100ums, im doing double science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haroon77)
    would revision of 6 weeks be enough to master b2, c2 & p2 -90-100ums, im doing double science
    I think it would easily be enough time

ReputationRep:
    I think it would easily be enough time
    hav u done this ?

ReputationRep:
    hav u done this ?
    I didn't revise more than the night before in p1 c1 and b1 and got 87 89 and 94, I imagine with an additional few weeks I would've done better.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't revise more than the night before in p1 c1 and b1 and got 87 89 and 94, I imagine with an additional few weeks I would've done better.
    i do double science and got 115 and 130 ums, just missed the a* on the second exam in first gcse, with 5hrs of revision, so no need to brag, all i needed to know is whther 6 weeks would be enough to drag my overall additional science grade to an a*, i'm currently on an a- which i got on the isa

ReputationRep:
    i do double science and got 115 and 130 ums, just missed the a* on the second exam in first gcse, with 5hrs of revision, so no need to brag, all i needed to know is whther 6 weeks would be enough to drag my overall additional science grade to an a*, i'm currently on an a- which i got on the isa
    Not trying to brag, just to help, and say I'm a little disappointed with the first grades, so I joined this forum for the same reason as you presumably. The best answer I can give you is probably, although the answer is subjective (it depends on how quickly you learn, or how effective your revision technique is I imagine. You seem intelligent though, so I'd imagine 6 weeks is plenty of time.

ReputationRep:
    Not trying to brag, just to help, and say I'm a little disappointed with the first grades, so I joined this forum for the same reason as you presumably. The best answer I can give you is probably, although the answer is subjective (it depends on how quickly you learn, or how effective your revision technique is I imagine. You seem intelligent though, so I'd imagine 6 weeks is plenty of time.
    Yeah, i think i overeacted with the last comment, sorry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.