Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I think so, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjpneed)
    It is extremely unlikely for a deistic God to exist, and I would say with certainty that no divine puppeteer of the universe exists. I just find it incredibly fatuous and fanciful.

I don't understand the question (that I quoted).
    The question just meant that i dont know how people expect the Bible or 'evidence' could be any different than it is if you belief God did exist? Also everyone must admit that there is a non-zero probablity that God exists, so if he does, how would things differ? I understand that may be quite confusing and dont mean to cause offence, but i personally believe God exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhamill95)
    The question just meant that i dont know how people expect the Bible or 'evidence' could be any different than it is if you belief God did exist? Also everyone must admit that there is a non-zero probablity that God exists, so if he does, how would things differ? I understand that may be quite confusing and dont mean to cause offence, but i personally believe God exists.
    Indeed, if he did exist then nothing would differ. A God is a superfluous addition to the universe: there is no need for Him. That's why I find it fanciful.

Of course, that's my belief. I respect your belief but disagree. There's no reason for 'offence' to come into this discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Why are the last two points so long, isn't there a snipping tool?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.