Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    spend the money on travelling more! or give it to charity

ReputationRep:
    Get a cheaper epiphone les paul, these days they are so good theyre just Gibsons with a different name. If you really want a Gibson for the name, then wait until you have the money in the future...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will1y2)
    or give it to charity
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    I have about three grand saved up for the summer and next year mayb. Im gonna earn another two by may. Im gonna spend two or so travelling in june and july. So should I blow more than a grand on a sweet sweet guitar (1995 Les Paul Custom for those who know or care)? Its a lot of cash and I know this time next year I'll be shouting at it for coxting so much, but.....its beautiful, irrestible, and incredibly expensive, like a high class...violin (of comparable stature)
    Or just buy a strat.

ReputationRep:
    I have about three grand saved up for the summer and next year mayb. Im gonna earn another two by may. Im gonna spend two or so travelling in june and july. So should I blow more than a grand on a sweet sweet guitar (1995 Les Paul Custom for those who know or care)? Its a lot of cash and I know this time next year I'll be shouting at it for coxting so much, but.....its beautiful, irrestible, and incredibly expensive, like a high class...violin (of comparable stature)
    I say go for it, that is as long as you know how to play and will take care of her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Or just buy a strat.
    What kind of a comment is that?

ReputationRep:
    I think it is worth it if you look after it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    What kind of a comment is that?

An informed one.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your comments, Im still undecided. The thing about Gibsons is that I can probably convert it back into cash with a very small percentage loss, so its not really too much of a risk.
    1) All Les Pauls have a fat heavy Body, thats why they are sweet, its not sumthing that 1995's suffer with. As for the fat neck, well if I wanted a thin neck I'd buy an Ibanez, but Customs are far thinner than the 50s standard necks that you get today
    2)If I could afford a heritage?? Custom, I presume you mean either a vintage instrument or a reissue, I wouldnt be worrying about 1100 quid cos I'd have to spend twice that, or for a late 50s original, at least 4 times more!

Keep the votes coming, I'm so 50/50 about the whole thing I probably will rely on the poll quite a lot for guidance!

ReputationRep:
    you should most definatly by it. a great guitar is worth it. sometimes i would sell my leg to trade my crappy les paul copy (it is really beat up) for a decent fender or something.... i envy you!

ReputationRep:
    nope, you should buy a cheeper guitar ~ £500 and give te rest to me to spend on shoes.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    nope, you should buy a cheeper guitar ~ £500 and give te rest to me to spend on shoes.

love Katy ***
    what 1 pair of really good shoes, or loads of alright ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    what 1 pair of really good shoes, or loads of alright ones?

you could get a couple of nice £200 pairs...althought i wouldnt moan at £50 pairs...

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your comments, Im still undecided. The thing about Gibsons is that I can probably convert it back into cash with a very small percentage loss, so its not really too much of a risk.
    1) All Les Pauls have a fat heavy Body, thats why they are sweet, its not sumthing that 1995's suffer with. As for the fat neck, well if I wanted a thin neck I'd buy an Ibanez, but Customs are far thinner than the 50s standard necks that you get today
    2)If I could afford a heritage?? Custom, I presume you mean either a vintage instrument or a reissue, I wouldnt be worrying about 1100 quid cos I'd have to spend twice that, or for a late 50s original, at least 4 times more!

Keep the votes coming, I'm so 50/50 about the whole thing I probably will rely on the poll quite a lot for guidance!
    Ok, I am not talking about vintage gibsons which are outrageously expensive - 40000 for a 1959 gold-top. Check out this. http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar...models/150.php

It looks to be within your price range even if you shipped from america.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I'd spend anything on a guitar.

ReputationRep:
    My mates would say hell yeah but for that amount could you not get a cheaper one and everything for it....amp, tuner, case, extra strings....the usual????????????

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, but I'm shocking on the guitar. If you think you could do it justice then go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    My mates would say hell yeah but for that amount could you not get a cheaper one and everything for it....amp, tuner, case, extra strings....the usual????????????
    Not really the point, I kinda alredy have those, thats why I'm looking at a car priced guitar........

ReputationRep:
    its neck and neck at the moment, too close to call!

ReputationRep:
    its neck and neck at the moment, too close to call!
    If you are going to enjoy it and get your monies worth then go for it. If you are going to be worried about damage, theft scratchin it etc etc that wil make you apraniod and not enjoy it then dont.

If playing a guitar is your main passion its fair enough to invest in it. Personally i would go clothes shopping but hey thats me!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.