Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you worried by North Korea? (poll) Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you worried by North Korea?
    Yes
    28.38%
    No
    71.62%

ReputationRep:
    As above.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I am more worried about what will happen when North Korea and America clash because it is no secret that America also loves its big up-to-date weapons and in my eyes, it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black as I believe they are more worried about their own political agenda than the actual threat of North Korea producing and detonating nuclear bombs. As you read this, there are people in American labs trying to develop gamma bombs and so on.

ReputationRep:
    Not as a person living in the UK, it is a conflict on the other side of the globe and I can't see us getting involved. If anything does happen at all that is. I'd hope most of the rhetoric used by KJU is merely for propaganda purposes. He must be aware that any military provocation is going to cost him his head.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickth)
    Not as a person living in the UK, it is a conflict on the other side of the globe and I can't see us getting involved. If anything does happen at all that is. I'd hope most of the rhetoric used by KJU is merely for propaganda purposes. He must be aware that any military provocation is going to cost him his head.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Knowing GB well come running when America comes calling

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter that we wouldn't get involved in a military sense - if it all kicks off, the global economy will be impacted massively, and we will feel the effects. The poll also does not specify a time frame - it seems to me more likely that they will do something at some point than that nothing will ever happen.

ReputationRep:
    Over the past few years there have been several periods of North Korea acting up, and occasionally making some aggressive gesture, but things quickly return to the status quo. I don't think anyone - including the North Korean command - believes North Korea could win an actual war.

Neither side wants all out war, because neither side wants the inevitable result.

ReputationRep:
    No...they are a weak nation that can't even afford to have electricity on at night, it has a starving nation, their missiles are useless and they just have a lot of soldiers doing the can-can. America could wipe them out effortlessly. They shouldn't even bother to occupy them, the people are that brainwashed, just put them back into the stone age.

ReputationRep:
    Personally no, because I know north Korea hasn't got the biscuits to actually launch anything towards America. Picking a fight with America is almost humorous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yes. I am worried that an insane man has the power to launch nuclear weapons. I am worried for the people in the North Korean detention facilities who are brutally worked to death, murdered and tortured. I am worried for the North Korean citizens who are lied to, stolen from, abused, malnourished and imprisoned by a leader who has no authority to do these things. I am worried that there exists a system that kills and harms millions and that those who would do something are either unable or too cowardly to stand against it. I am worried for what North Korea says about humanity and our darkest features.

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried for the people living in North Korea [The Innocent Ones] because Koreas biggest threat is themselves. So not on a personal level.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you mean by "worried". If you mean about the conflict, nor particularly, as I don't think it'll happen. If you mean about the multitudes of starving people under the heel of a brutal military dictatorship which aims to control every aspect of their subjects' lives, then yeah, I'm pretty concerned.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more worried about these crisps I'm eating will scratch the inside of my mouth, cause bleeding, and me dying of blood loss than I am about NK's power for warfare.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried by North Korea. I'm worried for the general public of North Korea. If NK do hit America, I'd be more worried that America would kill thousands of civilians without consideration, instead of slowly making their way through to Pyongyang, capturing Kim, setting up an interim government and liberating whoever is stuck in the concentration camps. Then the USA could help create a unified Korea rather than have a wasteland above the South.

ReputationRep:
    Not overly, the number of countries they could target effectively are very few, its a country with very few allies, and its just ostracising them further and further with its ridiculous actions. Any act of agression by NK now and it will most likely just get crushed by America.

ReputationRep:
    No, not really. I don't see anything come of the recent events. Sooner or later the North Koreans are going to have to talk. I suspect Kim Jong-un is merely trying to seem powerful within North Korea. He is new to the job, after all, and needs to demonstrate his power in one way or another.

ReputationRep:
    In a humanitarian sense, yes. As a military threat, no.

ReputationRep:
    If this "war" was to happen then North Korea will be in serious trouble...America could just wipe out NK with a button on their desk....But i am pretty sure KJU will not do anything...he's been talking alot but has done nothing yet so...im pretty sure he will not do anything in the coming periods...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.