Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

preganancy and the pill Watch

ReputationRep:
    I started taking the progesterone only pill on Wednesday and earlier I had sex with my boyfriend. He didn't use a condom because the other day I told him I'd started the pill and I never mentioned that you're meant to wait a week before you stop using other forms of protection, and once he'd started I was stupid and didn't tell him he should use a condom, even though I was thinking it.
    I know I've been really stupid and I know the pill won't be fully effective yet but will my chance of conceiving be reduced by having 3 days on the pill?
    Also, my last period was 4 weeks ago and my cycles are usually very irregular and can be anywhere from 4 - 9 weeks long - not sure how much difference that makes.

ReputationRep:
    Really if you want to clear it up you're just going to have to get a test.

ReputationRep:
    Can you get the morning after pill? Because your cycles are irregular you won't know when you're ovulating to know if you're likely to get pregnant so would definitely recommend it.

I don't know whether taking 3 days of pills would make it less likely but I doubt it... they tell you to wait a week for a reason.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.