Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    I've been looking at UEA's American History with Politics, but there isn't a great deal of information on the emphasis of political history, or in fact much of the course. Has anyone studied it, or is anyone studying it at the moment?
    Thanks for your time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Nicole!

Whilst I am not a current student, I can certainly give you some information as to the nature of 'modular study' within American History w/ Politics. At UEA generally you will take a certain amount of subjects, or 'modules' per year, worth either 20, 30 or 60 credits, which count towards total 120 credits per year of study.

In your first year you will take six compulsary modules, giving you the basic theoretical understanding of your course. This is where you develop your academic competancies, strengths and interests for your next three years of study. During your second year, three of your six modules will be in American history, two in politics, and one will be a free choice from the UEA catalogue. You can see a list of what modules are available to you by year of study here http://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergrad...profile-year-1

Hopefully the website should give you a stronger idea of what the course offers. However if you have already been here and have more specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask- I graduated from the school of PSI last year, and took a few modules from AMS, so it is still fresh in my head!

Best,
    Tim

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.