Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I'm always really pessimistic Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had this for a few years now, I'm incredibly pessimistic, so much so that it stops me from working efficiently and really starts to make me worried. For example, on my UCAS form, I didn't include my resits on the form, even though I did them in January and hadn't officially been put in for them. I'd already achieved all my offers by the time I sat my exams, and my resits, I'm now really, really worried that come August the 15th the Universities will reject me as I didn't "declare" the resits. I mean crippingly so, as if I can't think straight (as you can probably tell by my awful grammar). This comes despite reassurances that they wouldn't do that as I'd sent off my application before the resits and I may not have made that decision by then etc.

It also effected me for my GCSE's. I became convinced that I was going to fail some of my subjects so badly, that I just didn't revise for them. It's getting like that for mechanics for me, and I need to snap out of it. I don't know why this is happening. I don't think it's depression as I don't feel down as such, just really pessimistic. Almost paranoid that the whole world is against me etc.

Any advice/further reassurances about the resit thing would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    Go to your GP and explain this. You might not feel depressed, but there are many many mental health conditions apart from depression that they can help with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.