Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am Italian and I am 20 years old. I moved to London to study Social Work but I have been rejected by the 5 universities because of my school background (I've a low exit mark from the secondary school in Italy), so now I'd like to get ready for the new application in January 2014 but I am very confused about the way to follow... I don't know what to do to get the universities interested on me so now I enjoyed this forum to have some help by someone that faced the same problem.. Thanks in advance and nice study to everybody.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Carmen, i guess to improve your qualifications you might try volunteering in a local nursery or nursing home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carmiu)
    Hi everyone, I am Italian and I am 20 years old. I moved to London to study Social Work but I have been rejected by the 5 universities because of my school background (I've a low exit mark from the secondary school in Italy), so now I'd like to get ready for the new application in January 2014 but I am very confused about the way to follow... I don't know what to do to get the universities interested on me so now I enjoyed this forum to have some help by someone that faced the same problem.. Thanks in advance and nice study to everybody.
    Have you considered looking at an Access Course or a Foundation Course, before hand, like Lambeth College....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotica-xo)
    Hey Carmen, i guess to improve your qualifications you might try volunteering in a local nursery or nursing home.
    I work as a nanny but maybe I should improve my school qualifications.. I am getting informed about doing the A levels because in Italy we don't have this qualifications so the English unis just convert the final mark and mine is just a bit more than sufficient..

ReputationRep:
    Hey diddly do!

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Welcome to TSR!

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    Have you considered looking at an Access Course or a Foundation Course, before hand, like Lambeth College....
    I saw some of them but I cannot face this expense I am working part time and my parents cannot help me.
    Do you know any foundation or courses that are not so expensive?

ReputationRep:
    I have seen Access Courses that start in January, next year in London... if that helps, gives you the opportunity to work and save to pay it etc... But they are often the best way of getting in, unless you want to do an A-Level etc...what part of London are you moving to?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this helps, but you might not have to pay full fees and you can pay them in parts..... http://www.lambethcollege.ac.uk/advi...s-and-finance/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    I have seen Access Courses that start in January, next year in London... if that helps, gives you the opportunity to work and save to pay it etc... But they are often the best way of getting in, unless you want to do an A-Level etc...what part of London are you moving to?
    I am already in London, in Paddington exactly since 6 months. I am going to check the website you gave me. Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Hello my name is ashu i am new to this site.i am very happy to found this sites.this sites is so interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Ciao. Sono Patrick dalla Francia!

ReputationRep:
    Go to local college, get level 3 qualification, go to university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'ancien régime)
    Ciao. Sono Patrick dalla Francia!
    Ciao patrick,piacere Carmen😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter12345)
    Go to local college, get level 3 qualification, go to university.
    Hi peter,i didn't know about level 3 qualification!!!
    I am going to have a look,thank youuuu!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi peter,i didn't know about level 3 qualification!!!
    I am going to have a look,thank youuuu!������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    youre welcome

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!
    I was looking for someone in my own situation (almost)
    My boyfriend and I are italian and we'd like to study in London next year. I'm attending the last year of high school and I think I'll meet the entry requirements for some uni... He finished con il Diploma tecnico con 66 some years ago so I think for him it would be better to follow a foundation year or an access to higher education course. How did you resolve your situation...? Did you find something?
    Per curiosità..con che voto sei uscita? Just to make an idea...What uni did you choose?

If you like to speak about that you can write me a message

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.