Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else seen this film? I don't usually watch horror but I really liked Event Horizon. I thought it had a good premise, was well acted (particularly by Fishburne) and was delicisously creepy. I was surprised to see that it was reviewed so negatively, and wanted to see what other people here think about it.

One criticism I've seen is that it apparantly rips off elements from other horror films, but as it's not a genre I've seen much of, this isn't something that stood out to me.

ReputationRep:
    One of the few horror films that didn't bore me to tears...

ReputationRep:
    I've seen it and I rather quite liked it. I think the Sci-Fi/horror hybrid genre is hard to pull off, but this one does it fairly well. It's not the best, but it's not boring either.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought it was decent.

ReputationRep:
    Scared the crap out of me when I was younger.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, one of the most severe horror films that actually gave me nightmares for several days when younger and I coudn't watch it again.

Totally underrated as a horror film as it's right up there at the top, one of the scariest mind**** films about, everything else is just poor by comparison. Infact people have told me the scariest film they've seen and it's usually along the lines of "OMG Paranormal Activity" or "ZOMG, Blairwitch is so scareorz" yeah....you clearly haven't seen Event Horizon.

Promethius was quite good in the sence as well but not as good as Event Horizon. Another good horror is Outpost, especialy considering it was mostly made in a local hall with the sum of about £10.

ReputationRep:
    I would agree that it is a relatively 'under-rated' movie (as much as I dislike the term), but I would disagree profusely that it is "right up there at the top, one of the scariest mind**** films about"

The concept of accidentally stumbling upon Hell whilst traveling through space is a wonderful, and truly terrifying, one.

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see

Also try The Cube, which is a very different sort of sci-fi/horror flick, but has a similar dark atmosphere.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.