Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

1 Week trip through either Britain or Ireland watch

I'll be moving to the UK (I live outside of Europe) later this year to attend university and a friend of mine living in Ireland wants do a road trip sort of thing over the Christmas break.

I'd like to know if anybody had any suggestions for which places to visit (either in Britain or Ireland but not both) to last us about a week and preferably on a low budget. My friend is very keen on visiting Bristol for some strange reason, so if we do choose Britain that would be one stop. Also, would it be cheaper for two people to rent a car or to go by train?

You'd be better off renting a car. Railway fares in this country are astronomically expensive.

Bristol's nice.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.