The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Desmond Tutu Scholarship applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mackworth
I think only successful applicants will be told. :-/ I really can't get a feel for how many people have applied, any estimates? Assuming tons of people applied without mentioning on Student Room...

I honestly have no idea! It seems like a lot of people didn't even know about the scholarship until around the due date, so perhaps there weren't as many applicants as we are thinking. Hopefully... I just want to find out!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Shruti2
I didn't get a confirmation mail too! Now I'm officially on panic mode!! Oh noooo!!

I didn't get one yet either :/
I think they just stopped sending them once the deadline got closer. Thats what I'm hoping anyway...
Reply 42
Yeah, that's what everyone's saying...
Reply 43
Mondays the only day left, wonder if theyve given out the offers already.....

Best wishes to all for a good weekend though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by dreamawish
Mondays the only day left, wonder if theyve given out the offers already.....

Best wishes to all for a good weekend though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just saw on the Facebook page they've started announcing those who have won it. I've seen two so far, not sure if they're international though!
Reply 45
Perhaps its over then :P there goes all the hardwork...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Hey guys, I'm a UK student and I just got the email telling me I've been awarded the Desmond Tutu scholarship! For anyone on the FB group, I'm Charlie! :smile:
However, that might not mean they've all been given out! Best of luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 47
Congratulations Charlie! I think you and Karan are the only Home/EU students who've won it so far!! Maybe they're still giving out the rest! Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 48
Have any international applicants heard back yet???
Reply 49
Original post by jet-setter
Have any international applicants heard back yet???

Not yet...
Reply 50
Original post by Shruti2
Not yet...

Phew me neither. Keep your fingers crossed!
Reply 51
You too. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 52
I've still not heard anything, I'm a home student. I hope they'll tell us either way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Whats their facebook page?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 54
Hey guys!

International student here, and I'm one of the selected :>
My essay was ~750 words, so I was quite unsure on whether I would get accepted or not. But the worry was for nothing...

Best of luck!

[From Indonesia]
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by dbrisingr
Hey guys!

International student here, and I'm one of the selected :>
My essay was ~750 words, so I was quite unsure on whether I would get accepted or not. But the worry was for nothing...

Best of luck!

[From Indonesia]

Hi dbrisingr, congratulations! :smile: Can i know when did you recieve the news?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by dreamawish
Hi dbrisingr, congratulations! :smile: Can i know when did you recieve the news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!
I got my reply on the 12th of April. Note that it was on Gmail's SPAM folder, so it may be worth to check there. Also, AFAIK the deadline is tomorrow.
Hi, bit late in joining. I'm one of three reserves (apparently) for a Home/EU scholarship, so I only get one if someone doesn't want theirs (ha!), doesn't choose KCL, or doesn't get the grades... I'm Anna, by the way. :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by SpecialKaye
Hi, bit late in joining. I'm one of three reserves (apparently) for a Home/EU scholarship, so I only get one if someone doesn't want theirs (ha!), doesn't choose KCL, or doesn't get the grades... I'm Anna, by the way. :smile:

Welcome! Well congratulations, I didn't know they did that! Wishing you the best, let us know the outcome :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by dbrisingr
Thanks!
I got my reply on the 12th of April. Note that it was on Gmail's SPAM folder, so it may be worth to check there. Also, AFAIK the deadline is tomorrow.

Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest